Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

LOTR Slipcase Offer - Any Equivalent Offer for Canadians?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 of 64 OFFLINE   Chad E

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator

• 166 posts

Posted December 16 2004 - 11:56 AM

I just read over at DavisDVD.com that New Line is offering the slipcase from the box set for purchase for $3.00 + S&H. The link to the offer is here.

However, the offer explicity states that it is only valid in the US. I was just wondering if any Canadian HTFers had heard of a similar offer based in Canada? I'm assuming it would be through Alliance Atlantis, since they distribute the New Line material up here, but I can't seem to find anything about it at their website.

I'm hoping the offer is available up here, because I was admiring the trilogy boxed set in the store the other day, and was thinking it would be nice to get an empty slipcase that I could store my individually-purchased releases in! Posted Image

#2 of 64 OFFLINE   aaron campbell

aaron campbell

Second Unit

• 282 posts

Posted December 16 2004 - 12:03 PM

The offer for Canuks is in the ROTK:EE as a mail in offer. Did you buy the dvd?

#3 of 64 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,695 posts

Posted December 16 2004 - 12:44 PM

In my case, I'm completely S*** out of luck as I purchased mine (ROTK Giftset) in the states so I'm not eligible for either offer.Posted Image A shame really, I would have liked to have gotten a case.....looks really nice.
Recently watched- Burn Notice: Season 5, Riddick, The Chronicles Of Riddick, The Postman, The Hunger, April Love, Summer Lovers, Journey To The Center Of The Earth(1959), The Bounty, Mississippi Burning, The Wolf Of Wall Street, First Men In The Moon, The Jewel Of The Nile, Romancing The Stone, They Live, Into The Storm, John Wick, Finding Nemo 3D

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 3, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 4, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 1, Game Of Thrones: Season 2, Heroes: Season 2, The Pacific, Burn Notice: Season 6, Battlestar Galactica: The Definitive Collection, The Walking Dead: Season 5

"You keep what you kill."

#4 of 64 OFFLINE   Chad E

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator

• 166 posts

Posted December 16 2004 - 02:01 PM

Yes, on Tuesday night. (Had to get BB's "one day only" price.) But... I haven't actually opened it yet! :b

But thanks for the info. Good to know that we get the offer too! (Even though now I feel like a dork... Posted Image Posted Image

#5 of 64 OFFLINE   Andrew B

Andrew B

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted December 16 2004 - 05:05 PM

There is a send away coupon in RoTK EE to get the box for the extended editions. Just fill it out and send $4 Can to them. Andrew

#6 of 64 OFFLINE   Mike D

Mike D

Stunt Coordinator

• 103 posts

Posted December 16 2004 - 05:31 PM

Send a cheque or money order made out to "Promotional Products Fulfillment & Distribution" in the amount of CDN$4.00 for shipping and handling to "Lord of the Rings Slipcase Mail-In Offer" P.O. Box 415, Dept. ROTK-CASE Pickering ON L1V 2R6 Include your name and address (no PO boxes). It makes no mention of requiring any proof-of-purchase or original offer certificate.

#7 of 64 OFFLINE   Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart

Lead Actor

• 7,497 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA, USA

Posted December 16 2004 - 05:46 PM

This is good to hear. Is New Line also offering a slipcase for the 2-disc theatrical cuts?

#8 of 64 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,695 posts

Posted December 17 2004 - 01:20 AM

That's good news! I think I'll go that route. Thanks Mike.Posted Image
Recently watched- Burn Notice: Season 5, Riddick, The Chronicles Of Riddick, The Postman, The Hunger, April Love, Summer Lovers, Journey To The Center Of The Earth(1959), The Bounty, Mississippi Burning, The Wolf Of Wall Street, First Men In The Moon, The Jewel Of The Nile, Romancing The Stone, They Live, Into The Storm, John Wick, Finding Nemo 3D

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 3, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 4, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 1, Game Of Thrones: Season 2, Heroes: Season 2, The Pacific, Burn Notice: Season 6, Battlestar Galactica: The Definitive Collection, The Walking Dead: Season 5

#9 of 64 OFFLINE   Hans M.

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts

Posted December 17 2004 - 01:52 AM

Ditto that! Why make one available and not the other?

#10 of 64 OFFLINE   Nick T Robot

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

• 563 posts

Posted December 17 2004 - 02:44 AM

Or even a Slipcase for all 6 Sets.

#11 of 64 OFFLINE   ChrisV

ChrisV

Second Unit

• 484 posts

Posted December 17 2004 - 04:20 AM

They were available when the theatrical cut of Return of the King was released. I got one as freebie when I bought my copy.

#12 of 64 OFFLINE   Hans M.

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts

Posted December 17 2004 - 04:35 AM

Yeah but can you order it? Or was the option available to order it at the time?

#13 of 64 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted December 17 2004 - 10:52 AM

What about the UK ?
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#14 of 64 OFFLINE   Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted December 17 2004 - 01:33 PM

Cool. I got it coming for Christmas so I'll do it then. Posted Image

#15 of 64 OFFLINE   Ryan Belfast

Ryan Belfast

Stunt Coordinator

• 240 posts

Posted December 18 2004 - 01:33 PM

Yeah what about UK? Posted Image
"Hell it's all my fault Mike, I never should have got out of the truck"
Travis Walton - Fire In The Sky

Click Here To Email Me

#16 of 64 OFFLINE   Runar_R

Runar_R

Second Unit

• 259 posts

Posted December 19 2004 - 01:09 AM

If you want to get rid of 30$ instead, you could order another type of slipcase here

Posted Image

Posted Image
"These are the moments I live for.
I put up with all the other crap just to get seconds like this.
The moments when you know the world is a better place than advertised."
-Planetary, Warren Ellis

#17 of 64 OFFLINE   Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted December 19 2004 - 08:18 PM

So I ordered my Rings EE from Amazon.com, so I won't get that coupon. But from what I'm reading I dont need a proof of purachase, or that coupon. Rather I can just send in a piece of paper with my name, address, money, etc to the specific address and get the box, is this correct? Also does it say anything against a personal cheque?
DVD Collection | Video Game Collection | Live Gamertag: vicodinjunkie

#18 of 64 OFFLINE   Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted December 22 2004 - 12:48 PM

Bump. Anyone know if there the coupon says anything about not sending in a personal cheque?
DVD Collection | Video Game Collection | Live Gamertag: vicodinjunkie

#19 of 64 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,695 posts

Posted December 23 2004 - 02:01 AM

Can anyone who purchased the Alliance version of the EE scan the slipcase coupon and post it here?

#20 of 64 OFFLINE   Sean Hardiman

Sean Hardiman

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted December 23 2004 - 11:52 AM

Where did you get yours? There were no offers in my DVD that I purchased indicating that such a case was available. Can you clarify? Thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users