What's new

Dead Like Me cancelled (1 Viewer)

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
It's not official, but on several Dead Like Me messageboard there are postings by people saying the show has been cancelled.

The biggest Board is this one:

http://www.deadlikemeonline.com/forum/index.php

According to one poster they were negotiating about getting a shorter third season until today but Showtime president Robert Greenblatt ended negotiations today.

The main reason was that he didn't like the show.

:thumbsdown: :frowning: :thumbsdown:

RichardK

Second Unit
huh what? that is crap..this is/was a GREAT show! One of the few reasons to hold on to Showtime other than the Seymore Butts Strictly BusinASS show, IMO...

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I hope this does not remain like this. I really love this show and hope they at least do one more season.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I recently got the first season on disc and am looking forward to checking it out. Maybe if it's that good, another network will pick it up and continue it.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit

Only HBO could pick the show up - on any normal network they would have to castrate the show completely.

The realistic language and the adult themes/references would all have to be cut.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Since Six Feet Under is supposedly going six feet under after the next season (I've only seen the two seasons on disc, but I really like it), it might be possible. I'm told that if you like one, you'll probably like the other, so HBO might be able to hang onto the Six Feet Under audience with it.

JamieJ

Agent
I hope it doesn't get cancelled, it was like a breath of fresh air. Nowadays, all the shows are the same with just spinoff's of each other

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I missed the show greatly (was in the middle of Season 2) when I switched from Dish HD to my cable HD feed (which doesn't offer Showtime HD). This show alone would have been enough for me to pick up Showtime HD as soon as my cable added the channel, but if it truely is cancelled, I'll save $10 a month, because there aren't enough new movies per month (1?) to warrant the purchase otherwise.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
My whole house-of-housemates fell in love with Dead Like Me on DVD, and we've been looking forward to the next seasonS on DVD.

They can't just end this show without a resolution to the characters' stories!

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Terrible news, made worse by the ungraceful way the person who reported it on the DLM boards, reported it.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
So, this is all speculation right now and hasnt been confirmed? I'll miss the show too. I liked where it was going. Honestly, Free For All was the only other showtime original I used to watch besides standup specials or boxing.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
If this is indeed true, count me in the very dissappointed camp. At the end of last season they really opened up a lot of possibilities for where the show could go, and I was looking forward to seeing them explored.

Say it ain't so.

John*Fee

Auditioning
Still not "offical" but this is on Fansite forum. Form a guy who used to be an old Army buddy with Ellen Muth's father, and confirmed many times to be legit. She plays George on the show.

I have already canceled showtime. and sign the petition.

IT was one of the best shows on TV. And the only good show showtime has.

Maybe the Season DVD sets will sell well and make showtime rethink there decision.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I had tried to give Huff a chance, but man, that show is a complete dissapointment (as you can tell by my abandoning the thread)

Dead Like Me was an original idea.. something Showtime has seriously been lacking.

I'll cancel my subscription on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks