What's new

Lord of the Rings EE Slipcase $3 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The site says no debit cards, but my MasterCard debit card also functions just like a credit card (in fact, many retailers just treat it as such and I do not enter a pin#).

However, my order form was rejected. Do you think they can tell the difference?

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Mike,

I also use my debit card (MasterCard) as a credit card at most places. If it rejected your form, I guess I will have to whip out the high-interest plastic :frowning:. Since paying off my real CC I hate to use it for anything...but I guess $3 won't break the bank :).

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Sure, Daniel.

What are your card's numbers and expiration date?:)

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Frank! The only thing that troubles me: "Please allow 8 - 10 weeks for delivery". I guess I won't be able to get it as a Christmas present to go along with LOTR:ROTK EE for my sister...

--Mark--

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill

Because the offer was only included inside the LOTR/ROTK/EE box itself, probably only intended for people who bought the extended editions separately (as most of us have).

- Steve

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

If it's not, that's a heck of a scam someone pulled. How did they get their information printed on the $5/$10 rebate forms (for buying both Theatical and EE DVDs) and placed inside the ROTK EE DVDs?

Also I used a Bank Card attached to my checking account, which can be used as a Debit Card with a PIN or a Visa Credit Card.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
I'm sorry all. Ignore my previous post. I did buy the EE sets. I just checked and found the inluded offer. I just ordered the slipcase and received an e-mail conformation.

Actually my LOTR:ROTK arrived today but its damaged. Called Amazon and their sending a replacement and a return label.

Marc Bax

Second Unit
I don't see how they can claim to not accept check cards. My Visa check card clearly states that it's accepted "everywhere Visa is accepted". If they turn me down I think I might have to take issue with this policy.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Don't some places have to pay a fee when you use debit cards? Maybe since the item is supposedly free and you're just paying shipping they don't want to eat the fee.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
They just want to give you that feeling of anticipation you had as a kid sending in for stuff from the back of cereal boxes. Always a 6 to 8-week wait. Except when it was 8-12.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks