What's new

News Radio: 5/24/2005 (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
News item

It will be interesting to see what the specs end up being when the official announcement is made given that the production of extras was the big cause of the delay in

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
yeah, about time but i'm really disappointed that it's still 5 months away. As far as i'm concerned there's no way some extras, no matter how good they are, are worth a 15 month delay for these discs.

I'm going to be even more disappointed if season 3 isn't out by the end of '05.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
It's mine release day. It's been too long a wait but owning one of the most under-rated sitcoms will make me very happy.

Alex Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
do you think they will put the episode from season 3 that belongs in season 2 back.

i remember seeing a long time ago pictures of the back cover where it said the set had 29 episodes that would be correct if they moved that episode back.

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator

Ditto.

Hoping for an initial announcement soon. $40 MSRP, probably $30 or so on street date at the B&M chains, sounds like a great deal to me.

Does anyone CTHV's general policy for releasing subsequent seasons: do they always do that, or only if the first sells well enough? I'd hate to only get the first two seasons of this excellent, under-rated show.

Dave

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

It's based on sales. I think Columbia TriStar (now Sony Pictures) has ditched more shows than any other company, so if you're a fan of this show then you should pick it up when it's released so we see more sets later.

Gord

Alex Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
It may be only a small thing but i'm glad they put the season 3 episode back into season 2 where it belonged.

I really enjoyed watching Newsradio when it was originally broadcast and in reruns on the A&E network. I've been looking forward to DVD release, but I'm actually going to hold off on buying this until I hear word about a season 3 release.

Sony has burned me before with their Just Shoot Me release last year -- a show I didn't think had much consumer interest so I thought Sony had adjusted that into their budget and release of the boxed set. Apperently they hadn't and I doubt their plans for future seasons. (Which is a shame because season 3 has one of my favorite episodes of any sitcom, "Slow Donny.")

So, I know that Sony (or pretty much any studio that isn't Paramount) waits to see the sales figures before committing to further sets, but I'm going to hold off and see if they make plans for season three... I don't mind waiting on Seasons 1&2 to buy them with Season 3.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I will be getting this on release day. I am also waiting for just shoot me, but i have "slow donny" saved on my tivo.

I am also waiting for more SEASON SETS of mad about you.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Good news. TVShowsonDVD has posted a follow-up to their story about the announcement earlier in the week. They list the extras on the back of the box, including 20(!) commentaries. Sounds good to me.

From TSoD:

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Whoa. 20 commentaries is...a lot. That's like Simpsons/Futurama proportions there.

I was thinking about picking this up because I had heard good things. Would this be a good blind buy?

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
There was a post on another message board that clarified who the participants are in the commentaries. They are:

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

I'd rate Newsradio in my top 5 TV shows. Other shows I'd rate that high would be Babylon 5, Buffy/Angel and Homicide: Life on the Street. I would guess you'd like it, but if you want to compare to my tastes, here's my collection.

Casey C.

Stunt Coordinator
Less than a week until the wait is finally over! I've got mine pre-ordered.

Anyone know of any reviews online yet? I haven't seen any.

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
i've been checking for reviews every day for the past week and haven't found any yet. But i'll definitely be going out and buying my copy on tuesday.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Is there any Best Buy bonus disc BS to beware of, or can one safely order News Radio from anywhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks