What's new

The NEW Big Juice Theater!! (1 Viewer)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Hey folks you asked for it so here it is. All new, all updated Big Juice Theater, complete with 100" diy screen, new seating, new lights, and in wall audio rack, and black velvet curtains.

It's a free website so beware. Depending on how much bandwidth is being used, the site may be temporally down.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Looking good!

Feel free to upload your pictures to the forum theaters gallery. That way you don't have to worry about space or bandwidth.

Parker

Mark Amayao

Stunt Coordinator
hahahaha finally moved into the Front Projection game ... I dont know of anyone who is most deserving and cant think of anyone who would have a bigger grin on his face than this guy .... Looks real good congratulations buddy ... peace

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I don't think there's another member on this forum that is more notorious than I am when it came to needing front projection. I was the last man standing from my time. There were a couple that were out there with me. A couple of members and I had dedicated theaters with rear projection televisions. First we lost Ron-P, he switched over to front projection, then another guy I can't remember his name, then there were two me and Frank. Then Frank crossed over and left me on my own. Finally I've be able to join my brethren in big screen heaven.:D

Thanks for the kind words, I'll put some better pics up in time, I was trying to get them out there because there were so many request.

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
Nice setup LaMarcus!

I especially like the in-wall rack. As a fine lover of in-wall systems, it's nice to see another one well done - excellent trim work :emoji_thumbsup:

I too have had my RPTV since 2002 and I'm anxiously awaiting the move to a front projection system. My only problem is what the heck do I do with the 57" beast I already have?!? LOL

Great work.

Cheers,
Andrew Stoakley

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Andrew:

One thing to consider is to keep the 57 inch RPTV for regular TV viewing. Then get a motorized screen that comes down in front of the RPTV to project movies, etc. on it. Movies are were FPTV's shine in the first place.

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
Hi Parker,

I have thought of that, but my main problem is the distance from my front seats to the front of the RPTV. The Song HD set that I have is 24" deep and sits approximately 3" from the back wall to allow for cables and so forth. I would love to take back that distance and attach a fixed screen to the back wall, allowing for a larger screen :)

My room is dedicated to watching movies or HD sports, so, we don't watch tv down there at all, which is why I'd want to get rid of the TV. I'm sure I could find someone to buy it from me... heh

Cheers,
Andrew

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus

This is what has kept me away from FP for years(since 2002), I just couldn't give up my 65". I almost sold my tv then had a change of heart figuring when I get a bigger house it would be nice to have it in the family room. Right now I had to make room in the living room and it looks nice in there. It also looks pretty tiny now that I have a 100" screen to replace it. I always thought that tv was so huge (yea right).

Andrew the whole time I was putting my rack in the wall, all I thought about was your rack (sounds kinda kinky.:b ) But your's is much nicer than mine. To be honest my trim is acutally door trim I found in a corner in my basement that the privous owers left. I found it and all kinds of baseboard and what not. I measured and got a friend at work to cut it for me, then I used wood glue to put in on the wall. And the audio rack is actually my old rack and I cut off the cd rack on the side, flush mounted it to the drywall, and voila, instant in wall rack. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Anyway Andrew, I pass the torch to you. You are leader of the new generation of dedicated HT owners with rptv's. Lead them well.:D

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley

I wish I could do that, but my wife would KILL ME :laugh:
Seriously though, if I had the space I would keep it, but I think I'll just hang on to it for a little longer and wait for the right time to get my FP system. Great work and congrats on the upgrade LaMarcus. I'm sure you will enjoy it for years to come.

By the way, what FP did you get?

Cheers,
Andrew

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
This projector :D
My girlfriend fought tooth and nail for me not to put the tv in the living room. But now that it's in there she likes it. Why don't you surprise your wife one day. Let her come home from work, walk in and BOOM tv right in the face in the living room!! :D

(I accept no responsibility if you try this :D )

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
That's a nice looking projector. I can't believe I missed the posting!!! LOL...

Congrats again.. excellent millwork.
Cheers,
Andrew

BrianKR

Second Unit
Congrats Marcus! :emoji_thumbsup: :D

What was it like the first time you watched a movie on that big of a screen?

This is exactly what I am going to do.
I have already built my 57" RPTV into the wall.
Now all I have to do is make up my mind once and for all on what to go with!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus

Mannnnnnn, this is a loaded question. It started about 2 years ago when the Panny AE-100 came out that's when every body on the forum really started to wake up to FP. Then shortly after the 200 came out and Ron-P bought one, wrote a review and the forum went wild. Projectors and projector deals were popping up everywhere. All that time I was researching, doing comparisons, and reading reviews. What really made me choose the Panisonic was the review comparison by Projector central.com. The review they did sold me (not to mention what you get for the price). There's really no place here to veiw projectors either, so I went off of Ron-P's review pictures. Hope that answers it.

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley

I think if I did that, she would surprise me by changing the lock on the front door and by placing the tv on the front lawn!!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

I'm sure I will come to a solution soon.

Cheers

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
The seats look comfortable as hell. Nice job all around. Which seat do you sit in when you play Halo 2? Any plans on base shakers?

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Well before I got the screen it was the lounger in the middle, but now I sit in the second row because the screen is too big. There's a bass shaker in every seat, and when I'm on the waterworks board on halo and that deep bass drops from the water tower in the middle, MAN!!!! I feel it vibrate through my whole body!!! It's great!!

That's really a problem. I can't watch movies at night, they put me right to sleep. I haven't been able to watch Star Wars YET!!. Ironically those seats are called cloud nine. :rolleyes

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Nice job LaMarcus, looks excellent. How do you like the BIG picture? Nice choice on that FP. My 200 still amazes me to this day, great little machines that pack a punch of an image.

Again, nice job bro! :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Ron-P! I've been wondering where you were man. I thought you would have posted in the Panny thread a long time ago.

Thanks for the congrats. The picture is getting there man,still have a little tweeking to do. But all in all I love it. What was the paint that you used on your screen? I'm used the Behr silver screen (1 thick coat). It looked a lot better on my friends screen though. Which one did you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks