Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

BTTF Trilogy for $20.40

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Grant H

Grant H

Screenwriter

• 2,844 posts

Posted December 13 2004 - 09:14 AM

DeepDiscountDVD.com reports the BTTF Trilogy for $20.40. Anyone know if these would have the v2.0 discs or are they unloading remaining stock of the defective discs. I read (at the Bits I believe)that it was being re-released at a new, lower price with the v 2.0 discs. Is this it?
My midis bring all the Force to the yard; my midis are better than yours!

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Grant H

Grant H

Screenwriter

• 2,844 posts

Posted December 13 2004 - 09:19 AM

Well, after actually going to the site (I had to use another computer), I think my question is answered.

Since it's not going to be released until January 25, it must be the newer editions.

So much for purchasing it as a Christmas gift.Posted Image

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Hector.B

Hector.B

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted December 13 2004 - 06:40 PM

Video Business online magazine is reporting that the BTTF Trilogy will be discontinued after this run in January.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Ernesto.Morin

Ernesto.Morin

Stunt Coordinator

• 179 posts

Posted December 14 2004 - 03:15 AM

June 6, 2005 is the date for this going OOP. There is a rumor that there is going to be a SE version at the end of the year of 2005.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Hector.B

Hector.B

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted December 14 2004 - 01:23 PM

There's no way I'm getting the Special Edition versions if they do come out later in 2005. It's just too close to the launch of HD-DVD and Blu-ray. I'm pretty happy with my Widescreen laserdiscs anyway.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Lloyd White

Lloyd White

Stunt Coordinator

• 86 posts

Posted December 23 2004 - 05:39 AM

I've decided to only buy new stuff that would fully take advantage of High def dvd, when it comes out. Back the Future wouldn't qualify as it's an old movie.
My DVD Owned List
My DVD Wish List
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Executive Producer

• 10,077 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted December 23 2004 - 05:51 AM

Um. . .no current DVD will fully take advantage of hi-def! You'll have to wait for HD-DVD or Blu-Ray for that.
Posted Image
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Grant H

Grant H

Screenwriter

• 2,844 posts

Posted December 23 2004 - 07:21 AM

Only really old movies shot on very low-resolution film wouldn't benefit from the resolution of DVD or HD. I'm talking like the dawn of film here, not 1985.

I just watched BTTF the other night and it's a nice-looking DVD. Maybe a little grainer than some are used to, but that's likely the way the film looked. If not, you can bet it will get a full digital restoration some day for the HD medium. Either way I'm happy to have my (corrected) set, and will gladly upgrade them to HD when that day comes.

The Star Wars Trilogy is older than BTFF and that didn't stop it from taking advantage of DVD. And you can bet it will look spiffy on HD as well. Hopefully, they'll correct all the new mistakes by then too.Posted Image

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Arnie G

Arnie G

Supporting Actor

• 662 posts

Posted December 23 2004 - 11:22 AM

It took Back to the Future 5 years to come out on DVD. If the same goes for HD, it might not be available until 2010Posted Image
I've got my own Toto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users