Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

receiver and component recognized??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   mikeyMic

• 4 posts

Posted December 11 2004 - 04:31 AM

Hi, I just purchased the Pioneer 1014TX and was wondering if there was a way that it could be hooked up so that when I turn the satellite TV on the receiver automatically inputs to sat. tv and likewise with a dvd player etc?? I can do a lot of the hook ups, but some technical areas I need advice. Thanks, MIke

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh

• 5,183 posts

Posted December 11 2004 - 11:23 AM

Hi Mikey. Welcome to HTF! Most receivers will NOT auto switch. You can find a external component-video switcher that has this feature (yes, it has inputs for audio and video.) But .. you have another problem: For these to work, all your inputs must be Component.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins

• 2,598 posts

Posted December 11 2004 - 05:34 PM

Another solution would be a universal remote with macros. The universal remote would also add another level of convenience in that you could control every component from one source. You could most likely get a quality universal remote for less than a component switcher with the auto selection feature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users