What's new

Need Advise. On-line vendor scam!! (1 Viewer)

RobKA

Auditioning
I'm hoping to get some legal advise. I ordered a significant amount of equipment from an online vendor on July 15. $22,000 to be specific. They have given me the runaround for 5 months and I've tried to be patient. I was told last week that a delivery of "most" of my items would be this week. However, no delivery has been made and the vendor is not returning my phone calls. The big mistake.....I paid via a check!!! He claimed that was the reason for my "deeply discounted" prices.

Anyway, I'm not looking to trash the vendor. For all I know, I'm the only person having problems with them.

My big question is.........what type of attorney should I contact to help resolve this problem?

RobKA

Auditioning
I thought about that, but I don't think the Police get involved that that stuff, do they?

I think I'll need an attorney. Obviously I'll take a financial hit, but to be honest. I'd be happy to give up 5 grand to get the other 17 back!! This is a bad situation.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Try the police first. They are cheaper. My guess is that they will have you contact the police in the city where the vendor is, but if this is interstate, then maybe the F.B.I.?

If you don't have your cancelled check get it from your bank.

Glenn

RobKA

Auditioning
Thanks Glenn,

I live in Virginia and work in Maryland. The on-line dealer is located in Maryland (about 30 miles from where I work.)

I'll contact the police here in Virginia and ask them what they recommend. This is so frustrating. I could kill myself for paying via a check.....and my wife is ready to kill me as well.

If anyone else has some thoughts or advise, I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

Rob

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
This isn't one of those vanishing Internet storefronts, then?. I take it you have driven by the place to make sure that thy are legitimate. It would be nicer if they had a BBB sticker on their front door too.

Is this a delivery AND installation job - so that you haven't received any gear at all? Otherwise they should have delivered what they have to you, and now I'm thinking that you might want to change the piece(s) of equipment that is not getting sent to him. A backorder taking this long usually says that the item is no longer available.

All on the condition that the store really is there.

Glenn

RobKA

Auditioning
Guys,
The vendor seems to be a major internet dealer. However, the equipment is not at their location. They have an actual office suite, that the installer said is quite nice. The equipment is drop shipped from distributors in New Jersey. They have been in business for 7 years I believe. Not that it matters, but they probably have the nicest website out there...I only mention that because it builds consumer confidence. The pre-wiring was performed by an installer that they recommended and he did a great job. I have been in touch with him to complete the installation when the equipment arrives and he is still interested. The equipment I've ordered is still available, so I don't know what the issue is.

I spoke with the local police this morning. They want me to send the vendor a certified letter on Monday demanding a refund within 10 days and threatening a fraud investigation. The officer even said that he would call them if need be. He recommended that I not contact a lawyer until court becomes necessary. I'm quite convinced that will be when the 10 day period expires.

I'll check the above referenced links as well. Thanks!! I wouldn't wish this on anyone!!

RobKA

Auditioning
Now I'm petrified. The certified letter should be delivered today........however, nobody has answered the phone at the online vendors business since last Wednesday! I've contacted the State Police and the local police in the area of the vendor, but don't have much faith.:frowning:

RobKA

Auditioning
If anyone is seeking information regarding Downtown Audio, contact me. I've learned a lot in the last three days and would be happy to assist you.:angry:

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Rob- I've kept an eye on this thread since last year but haven't seen any updates. How's everything going with that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks