What's new

Where to buy Pioneer Elite 54TX? (1 Viewer)

Jody C Robins

Stunt Coordinator
My dad would like to buy an Elite 54TX, but is having trouble locating one. He lives in Houston, so there should be one SOMEWHERE in that freaking city. Any suggestions as to which chains might carry Elite receivers? For some reason, I can't get the dealer locator on their site to work. Thanks

Scott_Jua

Stunt Coordinator
I believe their store is... (ask them when calling)

You can ask them to send you an in-store receipt with purchase when they ship it out to you. My friend who had bought from them first had a warranty period repair and recall taken care of and Pioneer honored it with no problems. This was a VSX2xx series THX Elite receiver a few years back.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

I purchased my 54Tx using this vendor. Merchandise arrived when promised and double-boxed. Plus, a proper receipt was included in the event warranty service is required. The receipt is from an authorized vendor.

I'd definitely use these guys again. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

DerrikW

Stunt Coordinator
I bought mine from the same place. I would definately buy from them again. I never received a sales receipt though, I emailed them and they said that if I ever need warranty work to let them know and they would mail me a receipt.

Scott_Jua

Stunt Coordinator
Do a search for them... I believe there were some problems and converns with that service in the past that should be documented here and on AVS Forum.

I was not comfortable with my near buying experience, but things may have changed.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
I got my 54TX from SoundPros also. They were nice guys. Even cut me a deal for less money than what was listed on their web site.

I dont think that they are authorized to sell out of state. I didnt care. Saving hundreds was more important to me. And of all the "non-authorized" dealers that I researched, SoundPros had the best return policy. Actually, it was even better than a lot of authorized dealers (My local "authorized" B&M only allows returns for store credit only - no trial periods at all. I hope the internet puts them out of business!).

Chip E

Screenwriter
Tweeter is an authorized local Pioneer Elite dealer. Doing a search, there's five stores in Houston.

http://www.tweeter.com/corp/index.js...cator&state=TX

Store Locator

Houston - Kirby

Store Manager: Hector Mena
Phone: 713-526-4317
Fax: 713-526-3632
Address: Tweeter
5310 Kirby Dr.
Houston, TX 77005

Houston - Westheimer

Store Manager: Mike Tennon
Phone: 713-781-1013
Fax: 713-789-4434
6522 Westheimer Rd.
Houston, TX 77057

Houston - FM1960

Store Manager: Ken Bigbie
Phone: 281-893-7171
Fax: 281-893-7172
4752 FM1960 West
Houston, TX 77069

Houston - Memorial City

Store Manager: Jay Froman
Phone: 713-463-7107
Fax: 713-463-7057
10201 Katy Frwy.
Houston, TX 77024

Houston - Katy - Fry Rd

Store Manager: Estelle Heard
Phone: 281- 398-2710
Fax: 281-398-4254
1150 Fry Rd.
Houston, TX 77084

Scott_Jua

Stunt Coordinator
You'll pay more at a B&M though, for little comfort when it comes to peace of mind.

Soundpros is reliable... I can't do anything else to convince anyone except say that I have dealth with them, others I know have, and here is one more person vouching for them above.

It's free (or almost) to call them and ask their policies and get some info on how warranty repairs are handled.

here's how my 45TX came shipped... doubled boxed:

Scott_Jua

Stunt Coordinator
So far... I have not personally heard of anyone NEEDING repairs done on their Elite equipment. (KNOCK ON WOOD) ^_^

The only person I know of who had something done to an ELITE component was a Pioneer hardware update. It wasn't even officially a recall, as they sent him a courtesy letter stating the nature of a potential problem and where to take it locally for service. This was either a 20 or 30 series Elite receiver from a few years ago. He registered the receiver with Pioneer when he bought it from Soundpros and honoring the warranty period was no problem with Pioneer.

That's about all I know...

perhaps someone else has some experience...???

Scott_Jua

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but I believe in supporting good vendors when I can.

Chip E

Screenwriter
My only problem with buying a front end piece like a receiver online is, if it needs work, you could be SOL. First of all, Pioneer strctly prohibits any online sales of it's Elite line, read NO warranty. Roll the dice with an online company. Sound Pro's seems like a decent company but will they be in business a year and a half from now?..Ya just don't know..Now for me, if something happens to my Elite receiver, i drop it off at Tweeter, i get a loaner, and wait with peace of mind to pick it up. I just had to bring my Sony S9000ES DVD/SACD player in for repair under warranty..four years after i purchased it. I got an Elite DV45A DVD player as a loaner.. Two weeks later, my 9K is back in the rack. Buying online has it's pluses and minus's.. A few extra dead presidents is worth it too me. YMMV.

Scott_Jua

Stunt Coordinator
True True...

Pros and cons guys...

You have either choice. Do a little looking into both, and go with your gut. I have no problem with online for a receiver... a TV is another matter. But peace of mind is something else entirely. Once I was convinced I had enough peace of mind in my decision to buy online, then it was all about price. ^_^

Let us know what you end up going with, it will be interesting to see how our input has affected your decision making process.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter

How do I find out which makers warranty on line purchases? I was looking at the 59TXi and it's almost half on line.

James Phung

Second Unit
I don't believe there are any authorized online sellers of the Pioneer Elite line. You have to buy Elites from local authorized dealers.

Jody C Robins

Stunt Coordinator
Well my dad ended up getting it at Tweeters fro $1000. For him, the peace of mind was worth the extra $200. I can't really blame him. For a DVD player or something, I don't think it would be a big deal. But for $800, you want to make sure it is under warantee. Anyway, thanks to everyone for the input. I'm looking forward to getting over there and helping him set it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks