What's new

Grand Canyon on Christmas Day? (1 Viewer)

Ari

Stunt Coordinator
Some friends of mine are planning a day trip to the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas on Christmas Day. It's a group of four adults and four kids. What would be the best way for them to get to and from the Grand Canyon and how should they go about touring it?? Would it be a better idea to rent a van and do it themselves or to just join one of the bus tours out of Las Vegas? If a bus tour is prefereable, are there any outfits you can recommend?

Don_Houle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
My wife and I drove from LV to the Canyon on our honeymoon. We left at about noon and arrived at the Canyon about 3 or 4 hours later (I don't remember exactly how long it took). It was an easy drive - probably only three or four turns the whole way. The scenery is pretty amazing and it's well worth the trip.

I've never taken a bus tour, but I would imagine that your friends might not get a chance to see what they want to see before they have to get back on the bus. There's also a good chance that some of the local attractions (Grand Canyon gift shops, etc) might be closed for the holiday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks