What's new

Any news on the NFL being in HDTV? (1 Viewer)

MikeM

Screenwriter
I haven't heard anything in a while.
Any plans on this season's NFL games being in HDTV? CBS? Monday Night Football? (I won't even say Fox).
Any news?
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

William Ward

Supporting Actor
I hope so. I look forward to at least some CBS games in HDTV. I wish Monday Night Football would go back to HDTV. There's lots more HDTV people now than in 1999.
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Frank

Stunt Coordinator
Fox broadcasting will continue to use 1940s technology again this year.
Since Fox is 'broadcasting' the not so Superbowl in January it will probably be in glorious low resolution 480i.
CBS might show the Thanksgiving game in HDTV again this year and of course the playoff games.
CBS has hinted they might show some college football games in HDTV.
Frank

Marque D

Stunt Coordinator
ABC has already confirmed that MNF won't be in HDTV this year. Allegedly they couldn't find a sponsor (I think they could get one if they really wanted) and it would cost them 7 million dollars a game (another lie, $7 million will buy you an entire HD Truck)
ASCN will be broad casting Seahawks pre-season games in HDTV. And hopefully they will go ahead and tape regular season games in HD as well and make the feed available to CBS.

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
No HDTV for MNF is the single most devasting news I've heard regarding HDTV this year.
------------------
"Sometimes you gotta kick a little ass if you wanna be a Peace Officer"

MikeM

Screenwriter
I agree. This blows.....I *finally* got my HDTV setup and sports seem to be the most difficult event to watch in HDTV. Argh!
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks