Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I'm Trying To Get Organized - PDA Recommendations?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Chuck C

Chuck C

Screenwriter

• 2,237 posts

Posted December 05 2004 - 09:18 AM

I was looking at some of the PDAs at office max today, and I liked what I saw. If price is not a concern, which PDA would you recommend for a YUP like me? Must haves: compatibility with MS Outlook, big colorful screen, memory, detailed (by the hour) day planner, a place to keep a list for notes to replace my dependance on Post-Its (which I presume most modern PDAs have)

edit: how is the Dell Axim?

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   shaniceMW

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted December 05 2004 - 09:23 AM

no big colorful screen, but i love my treo600. before that i had a m515 which i was satisfied with. now i am into "not too bulky" stuff.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   CharlesD

CharlesD

Screenwriter

• 1,495 posts

Posted December 06 2004 - 02:02 AM

I have the Dell Axim X30 & love it. The Wi-Fi is nice to have and with explorer in the "one column" mode most web sites are actually readable on it. It has a SD slot and you can get 1.0 Gig cards for under $100 these days so I use it as a mp3 player as well.

If you want to spend extra $ look into the X50 which has a VGA screen and CF slot in addition to the SD.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

Executive Producer

• 14,113 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted December 06 2004 - 02:35 AM

PalmOne Zire 72.

It's biggest weakness is it doesn't have WiFi. But it does have BlueTooth, if that's useful.

The new calendar program has a very nice overview mode that also lists tasks from the Tasks (to-do) list.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Erik.Ha

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor

• 697 posts

Posted December 06 2004 - 05:20 AM

I have a Palm Tungsten. I love it. I especially love its small size, which means I can take it with me in my pocket... A PDA you dont take with you, is a waste of money.
"I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV..."

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Art Morales

Art Morales

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted December 06 2004 - 02:33 PM

I have a sony clie tj-37 wi-fi,memory card slot and camera. wi-fi is great and i can carry mp3's around, the camera is not that great but i use it at work mostly.big thumbs upPosted Image