-

Photo
- - - - -

Any hope for Perfect Strangers & Mr.Belvedere?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 Dan*T

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

• 525 posts

Posted December 05 2004 - 04:43 AM

There are several '80's sitcoms which I'd love to see released on DVD. Perfect Strangers & Mr.Belvedere are somewhere near the top. Seeing as Full House will be released in the near future, Perfect Strangers may have a good chance, seeing as they are both produced by the same company. Mr. Belvedere, I believe is Fox, which is very selective on it's releases....
Dan T.

#2 of 14 Tory

Tory

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 05 2004 - 05:11 AM

I would snap these two up along with Head of the Class, Growing Pains, Just the 10 of Us and The Charmings. Perfect Strangers seems an obvious choice for DVD release, a great physical comedy duo whose comedey is timeless. If Mr. Belvadere comes to DVD, I would hope to see that 50's Hour of Stars version as well.
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#3 of 14 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted December 05 2004 - 08:21 AM

I can't wait for Perfect Strangers. I really enjoyed watching it on Nick at Nite recently, but they only played a handful of episodes; they'd get to a certain point and start over at the beginning. I asked WB about this title at the chat last year. They said "no plans," but plans can change.

It looks like the first season was only six episodes. Hopefully, an eventual first release will combine seasons 1 and 2. That would be about 28 episodes.

#4 of 14 Adam_ME

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

• 930 posts

Posted December 05 2004 - 04:12 PM

Perfect Strangers?

"Try me for treason and call me Eggs Benedict," but I don't know if we'll be seeing this series on DVD anytime soon. Then again, if ALF can get released, anything's possible.

I'd definitely do the dance of joy if WB changed their minds.
I should really learn to knock....in case there's a threesome going on in my bedroom. - Sandy Cohen, The O.C., The Countdown

My DVD Collection

#5 of 14 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted December 05 2004 - 04:32 PM

One of my favorites from Cousin Larry, in his self-deprecating manner:

"I was always good at algebra. Of course! It has nothing to do with life!"

And, of course:

"You tease Balki."

#6 of 14 Gerry A

Gerry A

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted December 06 2004 - 03:50 AM

I don't hold on to much hope that it will come out, but I'll buy Mr. Belvedere in a heartbeat. All six seasons if they ever come out with that.

#7 of 14 John*P

John*P

Second Unit

• 419 posts

Posted December 10 2004 - 07:58 AM

I'd say there is definitely hope for Perfect Strangers and Mr. Belvedere. As for Belvedere, I think it would be released by a company like Shout!, Image or Rhino before it was by Fox. I'd buy both of these series for sure, as long as they were uncut...

#8 of 14 Dorrie_W

Dorrie_W

Stunt Coordinator

• 110 posts

Posted December 28 2004 - 04:25 AM

I'm holding out hope for Mr. Belvidere, I totally loved that show....now everyone knows I love the 80's I just hope that the companies see that there would be enough people interested in a show like Belvedere (typo). I was a whole part of that 80's thing and Belvedere was cool but the stars of the show werent the tabloid/teen magazine fodder as the kids from "Growing Pains" (Kirk Cameron, Tracey Gold). But they did have that dad he was like famous, I would love to see the show, it lasted awhile but it was a comfort series for ABC, wasn't it Friday night the last few seasons, so so ratings, just kinda there....but I loved it especially when the older brother had to deal with alcholism...must see tv, and Wesley, you gotta love himPosted Image
Dorrie webmaster for
www.imissthe80s.com
Celebrity interviews
www.thabiz.com

#9 of 14 Alex-A

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted December 28 2004 - 09:24 AM

I really hope Perfect Strangers has a chance. I used to love watching that show back when I was in school. It was great. You studios should listen to us!Posted Image
NCC-2000

#10 of 14 Rob P S

Rob P S

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted December 28 2004 - 02:35 PM

I loved Mr. Belvedere too, until it went off the rails in the fourth season and got really bizarre.

#11 of 14 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted December 28 2004 - 03:21 PM

I could have used Perfect Strangers a few nights ago. The Christmas episodes were excellent.

#12 of 14 Louis C

Louis C

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted December 30 2004 - 04:51 PM

I've been waiting YEARS for "Mr. Belvedere" on DVD. How long must we wait?

It's criminal that "Alf" gets a release, but not this far-better show.

#13 of 14 Dan*T

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

• 525 posts

Posted December 31 2004 - 07:30 PM

Yes Louis, I agree, I also liked Alf in the '80's. However, when I watch it now, it just hasn't stood the test of time like Mr B...

c'mon 20th century Fox, there IS more to life than the Simpsons!!
Dan T.

#14 of 14 Pavan_P

Pavan_P

Second Unit

• 321 posts

Posted January 01 2005 - 05:52 AM

I would love 20th Century FOX to release shows like Small Wonder and Mr. Belvedere, but I just don't see that happening. Hopefully studios like Shout! or Anchor Bay can license them. Both have not aired on U.S. TV in many many years.

As for Perfect Strangers, I am VERY ready for it. I think Warner will release it eventually, at least I hope.