Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Did Nintendo get sued or something?

Nintendo

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon

Screenwriter

• 2,071 posts

Posted December 04 2004 - 02:50 AM

I noticed on both Paper Mario and Metroid Prime 2 that there's a "click through" screen that warns you to read the health & safety manual. This seems to be a rather new development-was there a lawsuit or something? It's not a huge problem to click by the screen or anything, but I don't know if I like the precedent. What's next-forcing you to input a code from the manual indicating that you've read it?
XBox Live Gamertag:ChrisBardon

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Rusty Ray

Rusty Ray

Second Unit

• 274 posts

Posted December 04 2004 - 02:59 AM

I think the nintendo DS makes you do the same thing.. no matter if there is a game in or not.
"As long as you are out there, I can never be number one...."

My DVD List

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   David Galindo

David Galindo

Screenwriter

• 1,264 posts

Posted December 04 2004 - 03:02 AM

Nintendo has always played it safe. I think they're just trying to cover all their bases.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick

Screenwriter

• 2,358 posts

Posted December 04 2004 - 07:45 AM

I've seen some newer games now start with epileptic seizure warnings. No doubt the company's lawyers advised them to include the warnings as an attempt to pre-empt lawsuits against them. Because nobody wants to accept their own responsibility to not do things that might hurt themselves.
Wayne Bundrick

"It tastes like there's a party in my mouth and everybody's throwing up!" -- Philip J. Fry

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   James T

James T

Screenwriter

• 1,643 posts

Posted December 04 2004 - 11:29 AM

Didn't someone sue the makers/publisher of Everquest for that reason? If I'm remembering the correct story, he also dropped out of university because it took too much of his time.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted December 04 2004 - 02:39 PM

Same old story, same old song and dance. Fortunately, I'll probably be dead before it gets worse. Posted Image

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter

• 1,494 posts

Posted December 05 2004 - 09:52 AM

Just remember to make sure you family sues whoever's product you were using at the time.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden

Second Unit

• 458 posts

Posted December 06 2004 - 06:37 AM

I rmemeber the best example of these redicilous incidents, back in like 2002, saved it for times like these.

Taken from www.startribune.com

Lost future earnings? LOST FUTURE EARNINGS?

30 year old who plays 8 hours a day, 6 days a week, and trying to bring potential future earnings into it? Unless he was planning to become a professional N64 player, dedicating 48 hours a week to the console, this guy would be supported by his mother or a welfare bum for the rest of his life.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nintendo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users