Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New LCD for bathroom

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Mirko

Mirko

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted December 02 2004 - 09:26 AM

I have three TV's in my home now. One plasma and two regular TV's. I am almost done upgrading on old TV to a second plasma. Panasonic 42" ED. There are three Direct TV setups, one regular and two Tivos.

We have just added a bathroom with a whirpool tub and have a wall opposite the end of the tub which just cries for an LCD monitorPosted Image . The bedroom is adjacent to this bathroom and I would like to just use the Direct TV Tivo combo unit from the bedroom to transmit to the bathroom as well. I would like to have remote control capability from the bathroom and there is no direc sight line to the bedroom from the bathroom. I just don't have the room in the bathroom to have a complete new set up in there. I am thinking of an LCD TV with built in speakers but I do want to receive from my DTV service or view stuff from my TIVO or from DVD's.

Any suggestions?

Also, is there a way to watch Direct TV from an LCD TV without the additional DTV box? I may be happy with just that and no DVD or Tivo capability.

Thanks,

Mirko