What's new

New SIRIUS deal: FREE XACT stream jockey with car kit (1 Viewer)

mike caronia

Second Unit
i went with the home & car setup.
there's not alot of info about each product....but i figured it was time to jump in, been itching to buy a new toy.

thanks michael.

matt bee

Stunt Coordinator
I signed up for this last night as well. I chose the JVC-SR2000 unit, though. I can't wait to get this thing set up. Almost three hours a day commuting in the car and I'm so burned out on the local radio offerings (Or lack thereof.)

mike caronia

Second Unit
thanks again michael.
received mine last week, hooked it up no problems.
definitely having fun with it.
enjoyed listening to other football games this past sunday.

matt bee

Stunt Coordinator
I just got mine last night. It was too late to do a permanent install, but I plugged everything in and set the antenna on the dash board. Even on the dash, I had no trouble getting reception on my 80 mile commute to work this morning. (Except for when I took a corner too fast and the antenna slid off the dash. :b ) My only issue is with static. Every frequency available on the JVC fm modulator is occupied by some sort of station interference. A quick search on the sirius backstage forums turned up this: SATSWB

It basically switches off your antenna when you have the sirius receiver powered up. Supposedly eliminates any static issues. I wish I had a head unit that I could just hard-wire into, but this is a good enough solution until I can afford a satellite-ready HU. I'm going to drop by Circuit City this afternoon to see if they have any in stock.

Even with the static I had to wonder this morning: How in the hell did I ever live without satellite radio??

As Mike said above, thanks for the heads-up on the deal, Michael!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I got this deal for my wife for Christmas. I really like it.
Like Matt said the reception was great except when we took a corner a little hard and the antenna went sliding off the dash.

We listed to Monday Night Football on the way home which is something that my wife wanted. Being able to listen to the Chief's broadcast anywhere in the US is something that really sold her on this set. That and NPR.

Thanks for the heads up Michael.

Parker

Aaron Smithski

Stunt Coordinator
I got in on the deal as well due to the notice by Michael. Mine was the exact opposite of Parker's situation -- it was a Christmas gift for me from my wife! Okay...I arranged it, but whatever.:D

Funny stuff about the antenna flying off the dash! I just returned from a 300 mile trip in a rental car; my first chance to use the Xact on the road. Worked like a charm except for the antenna mount -- I had to catch that sucker over 10 times as it flew off the dash. :) I'm going to have to engineer a better temporary mount!

Aaron

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I suspect that double-stick velcro would be good for a dashboard mount.

In my Miata, the antenna works perfectly on the back shelf (however, with no steel roof, it really works anywhere).

In my wife's Honda Element, I'm using the back roof (very easy through the hatch), but in the spring I've got to conceal the wires.

I'm very happy that you guys are enjoying the experience and got in on the deal. For many of us, Sirius' strong lineup of talk, news, and the NFL is the killer app of Satellite Radio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks