What's new

The Pretender coming to dvd!..... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I cannot believe this show hasn't been released on dvd. It was popular enought to have been saved by TNT which made 2 made for tv movies. I remember reading about a year ago about NBC's plans for tv shows. And they said that they were looking for someone to release this one.

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, Fox owns Pretender, not NBC. I think they'll get to it eventually.

I enjoyed the first few seasons of Pretender, but lost interest somewhere near the end, as they never seemed to resolve anything, and when I tried to watch one of the TNT-movies, I was completely lost. So, I'd definitely buy the first few seasons on dvd; and if they throw enough extras on it they can probably get me to buy the sucky seasons too.

Adam T

Agent
Since Fox owns the rights to the Pretender. We should see it soon. Especially since Fox had that poll a few months back. I'm glad Fox owns the rights and not NBC. Fox produces better box sets. NBC just dumps there shows to different disturbers and we get these half a-- box sets.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Well, France started releasing the pretender to DVD back in December if you can't wait for FOX to release the show in the US (and have a region free player).

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I cannot believe with all of these releases we haven't seen this yet. In Europe they got a nice season set release. I mean this show was popular enough to have two made for tv movies created after the show was cancelled by NBC.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
I have been wondering about this one also. I think someone asked about it at the last Fox chat and Peter (can't think of his last name) said he was not familiar with the title.

Anyone out there know anything about the status of this series for DVD??

Thanks,

Deborah

Eve Brown

Stunt Coordinator
I want this one really bad, number one on my list. I brought a couple sets when I went to France last month. It's in english with french(or french) subtitles which I find annoying since I can't turn them off. Dieing this to be released and in season sets. The French ones spilt the seasons into 2 volumes eacch with about 12 episodes on 3 dvd discs

Rick CHO

Grip
Has anyone heard of any updates on a U.S. release? With all of the other stuff coming out, I keep hoping.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

I cannot believe you started three separate threads on the same subject. They're all in one now, and any further discussion of The Pretender on DVD should go here.

M.

Eve Brown

Stunt Coordinator
I know I'll being getting this the day of release. Hope its not cut and all seasons are released. Now I don't have to buy the rest from amazon fr after finally becoming region free.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Does anyone know how many discs this set will have? I've seen retailers say 3 and most say 4 (and some like DVD Empire where it can't even be found using a search). Netflix lists only 12 episodes over 4 discs and it's really hard to contact them so I'm hoping it's a mistake. I'll assume that all 22 episodes will be there. Are these double-sided discs or single-sided with artwork?

It's early but I hope that when the 3rd and 4th season comes, Fox & A&E will be able to trade episodes from the Pretender/Profiler crossover episodes. I read in another thread that A&E couldn't get the Pretender episode from Fox for their Season 4 Profiler set. So I'll guess that A&E won't give Fox their Profiler episode ("two can play at that game"). It's going to end up like the Law & Order/Homicide crossover where they just have text to explain what happened. Ugh.
-

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't rely on Netflix for this sort of info. They get special pressings for some of the stuff they rent out it seems. Example: The West Wing Season 2 discs I borrowed from the library were doulble-sided discs, the netflix ones aren't.

--
H

Eve Brown

Stunt Coordinator
I'm concerned about there only being on 4 discs since it is 22 episodes. The price is under $30 but I would gladily pay more for less crammed discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks