-

Photo

Amazon.com Visa $30 promotion offer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Glenise

Glenise

Supporting Actor

• 778 posts

Posted December 01 2004 - 08:25 PM

(I thought I was going to get $30 off some dvds that I ordered)

I recently got an Amazon Bank One visa.
www.amazon.com/visa
From what I understand on their website, once you make a purchase you are supposed to receive a $30 promotion offer in your account/shopping cart.
I contacted Amazon visa yesterday and told them only $0.30 was in my account. They said that was Amazon's responsibility. A guy transferred me to Amazon and a lady said she credited my account. I never got an email proving this so I ended up canceling the order that I made yesterday and cancelled my card.
I keep getting the run around from Amazon and Bank One.
I just wanted to let everyone know that any one obtaining an Amazon visa for this $30 offer to beware.
I ordered "Scrooged", "Spirited Away" and "Christmas With The Simpsons".
I just can't take a chance and pay the regular price for these DVDs when I'm supposed to get $30 off with my order.
Here is a partial copy of my order that I cancelled.

Posted Image

You can clearly see the $0.30 promotional offer that was in my shopping cart.
Just warning a few people who sign up for this offer.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Richard Gilmore

Richard Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator

• 199 posts

Posted December 02 2004 - 02:25 AM

Next thing you know they would charge you $1124.00 to correct the decimal place error.Posted Image

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   DevinJC

DevinJC

Stunt Coordinator

• 65 posts

Posted December 02 2004 - 05:00 AM

I just signed up for this deal and it worked fine. Panny F87k $79 shipped. Posted Image

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Grant H

Grant H

Screenwriter

• 2,844 posts

Posted December 02 2004 - 08:18 AM

Interesting info I thought I'd pass along in case it helps anybody. I think I pretty well screwed myself unfortunately.

I signed up for this offer and got the screen saying my application needed more time to review, I'd get my card in two weeks if approved and be able to use the $30 yada yada yada.

Got thinking about it and I realized I already had an amazon.com visa that I hadn't used since I signed up for a similar offer a year ago.

I figured I'd be rejected since I already had a Bank One card, so I called and cancelled my card that I hadn't used.

Well, the next day (today) my amazon card still shows as an option on my account and guess what? The $30 credit shows up on my old card!! I was going to place an order, but I cancelled it figuring that my card cancellation will go through pretty soon, and whenever my items ship the order will have to be cancelled since the account is closed.

Had I known this would happen I would never have cancelled my old account. Doh!!
My midis bring all the Force to the yard; my midis are better than yours!

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Marc Bax

Marc Bax

Second Unit

• 306 posts

Posted December 02 2004 - 01:00 PM

Worked fine for me. I got Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 2 and Ali G Season 1 for a total of $4.97 shipped!! Great Christmas presents (since I just bought both these for myself in the DDD sale, d'oh).

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Hector.B

Hector.B

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted December 12 2004 - 06:16 PM

Also worked fine for me. I bought the following Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse Club, Complete Pluto, Mickey Mouse in Black and White volume 2. All for $44!!!Posted Image

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Grant H

Grant H

Screenwriter

• 2,844 posts

Posted December 16 2004 - 09:10 AM

Yeah, pretty sure if I hadn't cancelled my existing card I'd have been able to use the $30 credit just for applying t a card I already had. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

If you apply, and don't get an instant response it's apparently set up to automatically give you the credit when you get an Amazon card. Since I already had one registered on the site it immediately showed up there. Then, my order went through, but rejected the card since I'd called to cancel. Won't be getting a new one either. Oh well. May someone else enjoy the scamming.
My midis bring all the Force to the yard; my midis are better than yours!