Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

File Sync application

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon

Screenwriter

• 2,071 posts

Posted December 01 2004 - 02:31 AM

I was thinking the other day that it'd be great to have an app that could synchronize files between my home and work PCs, as well as multiple removable devices. Before I start writing my own application though, I thought I'd check to see what else is out there that might save me a bunch of time. I suppose I could just download a bunch of them and try em out, but I thought I'd see what people here used (if anything).

So, does anyone have something that synchronizes files to removable devices? My only other experience with this type of software is with MS activeSync a few years back, and I really hated having to keep things in a particular folder. I'd like to be able to sync any file/directory that I'd like to multiple locations. Preferably on connection (for removables), but I can handle manual launching. If I end up writing my own application, I'll probably build an encrypter into it, but that's very optional at this point. If anything it'd be an excuse to try something new! Posted Image
XBox Live Gamertag:ChrisBardon