Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

big thumbs up for "New Police Story" dvd

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Tin-Lun Lau

Tin-Lun Lau

Stunt Coordinator

• 72 posts

Posted November 30 2004 - 02:39 AM

just saw New Police Story on DVD and I'd have to say that this movie's been given an excellent DVD treatment. image quality is nice, colours are bright and vibrant. There is a flaw, though, particarly with edge enhancement (or is it overscan) on the left and right corner of the screen if viewed on a computer monitor but otherwise, it's not too distracting and hardly noticeable on a regular TV screen.

DTS-es is provided but I don't have the equipment to enjoy it. Otherwise, the 5.1 track sounds very nice on my 2 speakers.

There is over 2 hours worth of bonus materials. a 20 minute "making of" presentation, 60 minutes worth of raw footage video, trailers, music video, and other text based info. Trailers are subbed in english but bonus features aren't.

It should also be noted that Jackie Chan cusses alot on the raw footage. (fast foward to 47 mins to hear what i'm talking about)

Posted Image
Posted Image

The World Is Yours.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman

Screenwriter

• 2,714 posts

Posted March 07 2005 - 05:44 PM

What region? Does Jackie do his own voice work for the DTS track? A lot of his older films did not have Jackie Chan doing the original language track, he was dubbed by another Chinese actor!!!

I had heard that Jackie was using English as the original language on his movies after Mr. Nice Guy, is this not correct?

Thanks in advance.

Dan