Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Dvd sales.. where to find them?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Andrew s wells

Andrew s wells

Second Unit

• 449 posts

Posted November 27 2004 - 09:36 PM

I was curious about where I could find an up to date site, that shows how well current dvd releases are doing. I've tried everywhere to see if Chronicles of Riddick is selling well. Any help would be great, and thanks in advance. Posted Image

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,232 posts

Posted November 28 2004 - 03:29 AM

Try www.videobusiness.com It has a weekly sales chart. You have to register, but it is free.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,293 posts

Posted November 28 2004 - 04:37 AM

Hi,

Also check out "Billboard" magazine at your local Borders. They publish a weekly DVD sales chart as well. They also publish a VHS chart.

Steve
Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Jeff Rogers

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit

• 311 posts

Posted November 28 2004 - 04:44 AM

vhs chart...... (snicker)

" With a whopping 13 copies sold...its CHronicles Of Riddick fool screen!"
" Maam....maybe you don't understand, you ripped my clients arm off "

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted November 28 2004 - 05:15 AM

According to Video Business, Chronicles of Riddick (UNR/WIDE) came in at number 2 behind Elf for the week ending November 21st. They don't provide sales figures, but Shrek (WS and FS) had the number 3 & 4 spots, so I assume sales were pretty decent.

And if rental figures are any indication, it looks like Riddick wasn't that far behind Elf for the week...

Elf - 3.01 million rentals
Chronicles of Riddick - 2.08 million rentals

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   RickyB

RickyB

Agent

• 44 posts

Posted November 28 2004 - 10:22 AM

A million rentals is a lot, but I think it has more to do with a limited pool to rent from. It took about a week before I could find a copy of Chronicles of Riddick to rent.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted November 30 2004 - 04:52 PM

A quick update regarding Riddick sales...

Quote:
Movieweb.com 11/18 Article

According to The Hollywood Reporter, The Chronicles of Riddick, starring Vin Diesel, sold about 1.5 million combined DVD and VHS units to consumers during its first day in release Tuesday, according to industry sources, a whopping number for a film that grossed $57.6 million at the domestic boxoffice. Rental figures for the actioner from Universal Studios Home Entertainment won't be available until next week, but industry sources believe that it is expected to be one of the top 10-best-renting titles for this week.

Sales of 1.5 million in the first day is good... I'm guessing it hit 4 million for the entire week.