Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Speakers to Fit on 5.9 inch Base

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Jon_S

Jon_S

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted November 25 2004 - 04:02 AM

My wife has restricted me to a wall mount for my surround speakers that extends 5.9 inches from the wall, so the speakers could be a bit bigger than that, they just can't fall off of course. I curently have terrible junk speakers. They were surround speakers that came with a rack system I got in 1990 before having any money to get into a better sounding solution. Here's a picture of my limitations for mounting:

Posted Image

So, I'm looking for the best speakers that can fit on a base of 5.9". Does anyone have any idea? My front and center speakers are Paradigm Reference. Thanks for the help!
Home Theater Setup
Receiver: Sony ES STR-DA90ESG TV: Sony KV-27XBR45 Speakers: Paradigm Reference Studio/20 & CC, MK MX-90 Sub TiVo: Sony SVR-2000 (120 Hrs & Ethernet) Computer Audio Playback: Slimdevices Squeezebox over 802.11b CD Player: Sony ES CDP-XA3ES DVD Player: Sony DVP-S360 VCR: Sony...

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Chris Quinn

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter

• 1,127 posts

Posted November 25 2004 - 02:39 PM

What about Paradigm's new on-wall speakers designed to go with plasmas? They'd likely be the best timbre match. http://www.paradigm.....tor_Specs.html

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   JamesCB

JamesCB

Second Unit

• 440 posts

Posted November 26 2004 - 02:09 AM

Couldn't you use wall-mounted speakers? Many surround speakers have provisions for wall mounting, usually a keyhole slot. There are hundereds of seperately sold mounting devices so pretty much any speaker can be wall mounted.

If you need to put them on a shelf these are the only ones that come to mind that would fit on a shelf with around 6" in depth. :b They're only $800 a pair.:b

James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users