Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What Film Is This? (TCM Montage Question)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Jason_Els

Jason_Els

Screenwriter

• 1,096 posts

Posted November 24 2004 - 10:28 PM

I'm astonished by how good the promo trailers are for Turner Classic Movies. The latest, Lonesome Tears, is just phenomenal. If people at TCM read this forum then congratulations on a stunning video.

If you watch TCM you can't miss the trailer but my question has to do with a clip in the montage itself. Between the shot of a ruby-red sky showing a woman running away from the camera and a figure standing next to her and some shots of a pilgrim woman (I assume Priscilla Alden) looking through a window into the rain, there's a shot of a stunning actress who looks like Hedy Lamarr but I can't be sure. It appears to be a silent movie but since most of the shots in the montage are done in a sepia-like tint it's hard to tell. The woman is crying, wearing a simple A-line dress and slowly raises her head to look at the camera. I want to know what film that clip is from.

I know this isn't much to go by but I think I've fallen in love and would very much like to see the movie that shot is in. Whoever that woman is, she can act!

Thanks!
For beauty is only a step removed from a burning terror we barely sustain, and we worship it for the graceful sublimity with which it disdains to consume us. - Rainer Maria Rilke

My DVD Collection