What's new

Rotel RMB 1095 Review & Pics (1 Viewer)

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
My 1095 arrived today, it arrived in perfect condition, not a scratch on the box, finally Fedex did something right :) It didn't come with my cables I ordered, so I had to think quick, so I called up a source, got some Monster Cable THX Ultra 600 RCA's to hook up to my Pioneer Elite, and here it goes....

First off, this amp is AMAZING!!!!!!! The amount of detail, soundstage, clarity, depth, engulfingness (is that a word :)), powerful sound this amp brings to my setup is pure heaven!!! I can't stop smiling, the moment I turned it on I could tell the difference, this thing puts me in the center of the action, it makes me feel like I am there, it's leaps and bounds over the sound I was getting from the Pioneer Elite alone. People say this thing gets better with more break in, I can't imagine it getting better, it's incredible right now. :E This is my first amp for my house, and let me tell you, I think I made an EXCELLENT choice with the 1095, I would recommend it to anyone on the fence about it, worth every penny and then some!!!!!

The sound is not harsh, overly bright, etc, it's absolutley PERFECT, it still has the brightness/clarity to the sound that I had before, but take that sound and put it on steriods and that's what I am experiencing! At first I didn't notice the hum/buzz, but when I switched to my cable TV source, just on the Elite, the cable box was off, I noticed the hum. I leaned in closer and heard it loud and clear, I first heard it at about a foot away. I will try the ground loop isolator and see what that does.

I only played a couple CD's, "Styx greatest hits" and "Something Corporate", and man, I can't get over how badass these CD's sound now. I thought they were good before, man they are life like now, just enormous sounding. I plan to watch Titan AE after this message to see what movie watching is like now :D

Another note about the 1095, it's F'ING GINORMOUS!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe how heavy this beast is, I saw the Fedex guy carrying it in, I told him he was nuts, but he said it wasn't that bad, and he is about half my size. I figured if he can man handle that box, me being 6'2", 235lbs could do it. I picked it up, and almost crapped myself, it was HEAVY!!! I carried it to my car, managed to cram it in the back seat, and almost passed out :D I guess lifting this crap for a living like the Fedex dude does really makes you stronger than you look :) What I did find as a PLEASANT suprise was that the amp seems to have some type of roller under it, so when I pushed it in my rack it just rolled right back, VERY VERY COOL in my books!!

Well, I had this WHOLE ENTIRE message typed out before this one, and I hit the back button on accident on my mouse, so I had to retype it best I could :) I will post follow up reviews as I break it in. But here's some pics for you too, sorry for the long post, I'm a tad bit excited about the amp :D

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I'm glad you are happy with the amp, but you might wanna take a look at your reflection in the tv on your third pic. I don't mean to be rude, but I hope your wife is bottle feeding your baby.

DerrikW

Stunt Coordinator
lol I just noticed that too. Awesome amp. Where did ya get it from, and how much did ya get for? BTW, what kind of elite is that that you're using for a pre/pro?

Will.MA

Stunt Coordinator
Nice set-up. Your new Rotel sure does look handsome sitting majesticly in the bottom of the AV rack.

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
Chris - haha Thanks, yeah she is bottle feeding him :) I'm not THAT stupid to take pics if she wasn't :D hehe

Derrik - Thanks dude! I got the amp from an authorized dealer that a friend got me in touch with, so I got it for a GREAT price, can't post it, sorry :frowning: The pre/pro is a Pioneer Elite VSX-53TX, which will be replaced with the Rotel RSP 1098 someday.

Will - Thanks dude, I really wanted it up in the middle under the Elite, but man it's soooo heavy I am SURE it would collapse that rack up there :)

Andrew - Thanks again, club Rotel sure is a GREAT bunch of people!!

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Doesn't it bother you that the right channel is pushed out due to the rack?

No offense - nice kit.

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
Colin - It would be better if I could have it right next to the TV, but it sounds flawless, my receiver auto detects the distance, etc, so it works ok. My cables aren't long enough to move it to the other side, and then the rack would be taller than the speaker, and things woulnd't look as nice (proportion wise). So for now it has to stay that way, but it still sounds great :D Thanks for the compliment and feedback!

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
No amp before the Rotel, just the Pioneer Elite VSX-53TX receiver. The difference between a receiver and an amp is astonishing, the amount of detail, soundstage, being in the center of the action so to speak is amazing!!! Receivers just don't have what it takes to do what a good amp can do, maybe the best receiver out there would be the Sunfire Ultimate Receiver, but with the cost of those new you can go separates.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
You might get a better soundstage if you could move your speakers out from the front wall some. Other than that, nice setup! :emoji_thumbsup:

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
Scott, you might want to try moving the center channel more to the right on top of the TV, it will give you a better "center" presence to the sound stage. Just because your TV is a little bit left, you won't notice it a whole lot if you move it some. I imagine that will help with imaging. :)

I can't wait to get mine, shall be nice, just have to make a little trip to Ohio to get it!!!

Glad you fixed the ground loop issue as well. :)

You do have a great setup, I definitely like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks