Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New Klipsch Synergy or Def Tech for 100% home theter use?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter

• 1,365 posts

Posted November 20 2004 - 08:39 AM

Just in general, what would you pick? 100% movies, already have a big sub, and will probably get a Denon 3805 or something. Lets not worry about price or anything, but a same-priced Def Tech system vs. a Klipsch Synergy system, what would you prefer? I am in the business, so please do not recommend other brands, just toying with these two right now. Mains - large bookshelves (single 6.5" woofer probably) Center - massive center (dual 6.5" one) Surrounds - whatever matches the system. Thanks!

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   mackie

mackie

Supporting Actor

• 568 posts

Posted November 20 2004 - 10:00 AM

Definitive technology's bipolar speakers are amazing. If I was doing a HT only system, they would be my choice.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter

• 1,365 posts

Posted November 20 2004 - 10:27 AM

No towers for this project - just direct radiating speakers (bookshelves)

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   ScottCHI

ScottCHI

Screenwriter

• 1,292 posts

Posted November 20 2004 - 01:04 PM

the new synergy series looks very nice to me. of course, i've not heard them yet. i bet 4 B3s and a C3 center with an ample sub would really shine, though, especially for that price.
"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   MikeHU

MikeHU

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted November 20 2004 - 01:06 PM

Ken, I don't mean to be sarcastic, but since you are "in the business" I am surprised you are even asking this question - unless you are doing some marketing survey.
I think you need to listen to them yourself and decide. But, since you asked, I love my all- Klipsch system. I love the sound, as I think it is "detailed", "lively" and accurate, as well as warm/pleasant with heart-throbbing base. (well, besides the RF-7 towers, I am using the SVS).
But, then again, I have not done much listening of the def. tech. I do have a friend that swears by them, as loyal as I am to my Klipsch. Maybe we hear a bit of what we "want" to hear in them.Posted Image I just found out I'm losing a little hearing in 1 - ear. Heck, it might be overly "bright" to some, but sound darn good to me.
Those new synergy models look pretty cool- and you know - that always helps a little as wellPosted Image
Integra 40.2 Pre/Pro, B&K 200.7 Amp, RF-7s up front, with RC-7, RS-7's and RCW-5's in back. Denon 2910 DVD/SACD, PS3 for Blueray and 3d, X-box 360, Samsung 60" 8000 series for a stunning picture biggrin.gif

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   mackie

mackie

Supporting Actor

• 568 posts

Posted November 20 2004 - 03:09 PM

The power monitor series are very nice speakers. Might be a little more than the klipsch synergy series though. As noted above. What you like and what I like are probably different. Buy what you think sounds best.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter

• 1,365 posts

Posted November 20 2004 - 06:17 PM

Mike - questions are free, the gear I am going to buy is not. The way things are, I cannot compare the systems, so more blind luck. I will probably do the Klipsch system.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   NicholasL

NicholasL

Second Unit

• 298 posts

Posted November 20 2004 - 06:33 PM

What's up Kenratboy! Posted Image

Synergies.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter

• 1,365 posts

Posted November 20 2004 - 06:54 PM

Word! Just seeing if the grass is greener on the other side. Yeah, playing with the numbers, the Synergies are the way to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users