Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Problem with new Philips DVD Recorder: HDRW 720/17

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Dan Hinson

Dan Hinson

Stunt Coordinator

• 113 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted November 18 2004 - 04:55 PM

I recently purchased a Philips HDRW 720-17 DVD Recorder with Hard Disk. I am using the unit with a Mitsubishi 65” widescreen HDTV via component video cable. The progressive scan is on and the unit has been updated with software version CF2.6. When viewing (store-bought) DVDs, tiny random red “dashes” can be seen on-screen. These red dashes are most noticeable in dark images, and can easily be seen in the “black bar” area in DVDs that have black bars. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Is it possible my unit is defective? (I have not noticed the red dashes during playback of programs that were recorded on the hard disk.) Any help or advice is much appreciated.
“I don't think I'm alone in the world in imagining this flick may be the worst idea since Greedo shooting first.” - Ben Affleck as Holden McNeil in 'Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back.'

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   WilliamS,

WilliamS,

Stunt Coordinator

• 62 posts

Posted December 08 2004 - 11:35 PM

Hey Dan, Did you end up finding out what was up with that? I'm curious, as I'm in the market for a dvd recorder with a HDD.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Amano Ai

Amano Ai

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted December 14 2005 - 06:13 AM

I'll have to check my philips to see the dashes. Haven't had a problem otherwise except there was a static pop sound on a recorded program on the hdd after using the search buttons (I had heard of this prior). The latest firmware is 3.2 I believe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users