Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Mel Karmazin named new CEO of Sirius

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Michael Ballack

Michael Ballack

Second Unit

• 349 posts

Posted November 18 2004 - 09:22 AM

http://money.cnn.com....azin/index.htm

It's official. I'm going to start saving for Sirius. I hope Howard doesn't start the leave early though.
Michael's DVD's

#2 of 7 Shawn C

Shawn C

Screenwriter

• 1,434 posts

Posted November 18 2004 - 09:27 AM

Well, that's definately going to make Stern happy. But, I'm sure he already knew about it beforehand. I bet that's one big reason why Stern went to Sirius.

FM and AM radio are (not so?) slowly bleeding talent, leadership and listeners.

I can't remember the last time I played local radio in my truck after installing XM.

#3 of 7 Michael Ballack

Michael Ballack

Second Unit

• 349 posts

Posted November 18 2004 - 09:36 AM

I know how you must feel Shawn. After listening to my free 3 day trial of Opie and Anthony, I can't stand to listen to regular radio right now. I love both Howard and O and A, but right now I'm leaning torwards going for Sirius. I could care less about the music.
Michael's DVD's

#4 of 7 Shawn C

Shawn C

Screenwriter

• 1,434 posts

Posted November 18 2004 - 09:47 AM

I like O&A as well. I like the fact that they are my age and when they talk about the "good old days", I can relate.

The one thing I can't stand is that when the show is bad, it's DISMAL. Does anyone have any idea how many subscribers they have? It seems that most of their listeners are truckers!

#5 of 7 Michael Ballack

Michael Ballack

Second Unit

• 349 posts

Posted November 18 2004 - 09:52 AM

Listening today, were you? Posted Image
Michael's DVD's

#6 of 7 Shawn C

Shawn C

Screenwriter

• 1,434 posts

Posted November 18 2004 - 09:57 AM

Yeah, but I catch their show in small pieces. I don't start listening until 8:00 am west coast time when they are already into re-broadcast mode.

#7 of 7 Michael Ballack

Michael Ballack

Second Unit

• 349 posts

Posted November 18 2004 - 10:00 AM

Since I won't get to listen them on the weekend(my subscription is expiring tommorow) do they replay the whole week on the weekend or do they play older shows?
Michael's DVD's