What's new

Neato: covered mouse traps! (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I have a mouse in the garage, 'tis the season eh?

Anyway I saw an ad on tv for an enclosed mouse trap the other day so I went hunting for them this AM. Home Cheapo didn't have 'em, walmart didn't have 'em, finally true value did. At 3.75 each they're about 4 times the cost of the old snap traps, but they're easier to set and uh, the girlfriend hates mice... yeah, it's all her fault :b

Marc H

Second Unit
Damn cats are too lazy so I bought one but haven't set it yet. Got it at Wallyworld here in Canada for $2.99CAD.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member

that sucks, walmart here didn't carry them :angry:

Effective little buggers, caught him already

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
make that two for the day. Willing to be a third will pop up when I get home in the morning

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
I bought a couple of these and they worked well. They may cost a little more but you can re-use with ease. Sure you could re-use a traditional trap but no thanks. I still think the glue traps are more effective.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
jesus, caught another last night. that's 3 in less than 24 hours, a regular infestation :eek:

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
We had a mouse problem at my old house (hot summer and leaving the back door open) and the WORST is when the trap only catches part of them and they're still alive and kicking! Oh man, dropping the phone book on them was not cool! Give me those new traps any day!

AaronMg

Stunt Coordinator

Our cat caught his first mouse inside the house just a couple weeks ago after living in this house for 13 years :)

CaseyLS

Second Unit
My cat likes to make a game out of it. I almost feel sorry for the little buggers. Usually he'll let them run away and then catch but one time one got away and the cat just set up camp right outside the vent waiting for the guy to come out.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Up to 6, I don't know where the hell they're coming from!

I don't care for the glue traps, you just end up with a live and very pissed off mouse stuck to a bit of paper, plus you KNOW my dogs would get into them, what a mess.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Well one of my uninvited house guests has figured out how to let himself out of the live traps. I saw him in there jumping around and the next thing I knew the trap was empty...

I'm not done with you yet you little bugger! Better let me catch you soon so you can find yourself another home before its way below zero outside and you turn into a mousecicle@!

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams

Well...thats what they get for tresspassing, don't they? ;) I would imagine the cleanup would be a bitch though.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Live traps are cool. At my old work we used to Live Trap the meadow voles which were girdling the trees we were planting. We'd relocate them. After a while, we went back to killing them...lol...I know that sounds bad, but really, what we did was back to nature. We set up raptor posts so the Hawks could hunt the meadow voles. Let the ecosystem take care of it. Hmmm...I guess you can't stick a raptor post or hawk in your garage...lol..better get a live trap :)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yeah, it would be a bit difficult to get my local golden eagle to guard the garbage under the kitchen sink.

At least I finally bagged Houdini. Now for all his friends....

Users who are viewing this thread