What's new

Question about McDonald Burgers.. (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
This may be a stupid question, but here goes...

Is there a 'recepie' somewhere that shows you how to make the shape and size of a McD's or Burger King Burger? Each time I pass a house that has a grill going, it always smells so good, but I almost never like the way the burgers taste as much as I do one from the above two resteraunts...

I figure if there's a recepie, I could by a George Forman grill, make my own McD burgers, and by those Fast Food Orion french fries and never have to leave the house...

Anyone know how they make get 'em made like that?

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
I'm confused.

Let me get this straight. You want to emulate everything about a McDonald's or Burger King burger but the taste (or lack thereof)?

WHY?

If you are going to be making your own burgers, why try emulating inferior versions when you have already acknowledged their inferiority?

-Mike

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Nope, I probably wrote that the wrong way. I don't like how home cooked burgers usually taste, but I love the ones found in the resteraunts. That make more sense :).?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
They add artificial ingredients to make them smell and taste that way. Refrigeration kills the natural taste/smell of the burgers, so they add chemicals that can survive the refrigeration process. Read Fast Food Nation, and you'll understand. I don't like to read much, but this book kept me interested all the way through.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Yeah, I'm still on a diet :). I'm down to 250, now as a matter of fact. This is something I intend to do once I'm down to 230 and treat myself a bit. Besides, I always find cooking fun, but never attempted to make my own burgers before..

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I think Micky Dee's also uses Formaldehyde in their meat. Have you tried adding that? ;)

MikeSerrano

Second Unit

I just interpreted it incorrectly. My brain couldn't wrap itself around the idea that someone actually wanted their homecooked burgers to taste like non-homecooked burgers.

;)

-Mike

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
The worms are an urban legend. Worms are more expensive than beef, pound for pound.

Can you describe what you like about the McD burgers? Give me an idea of what you want 'em to taste like and maybe I can help.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

My condolences on the passing of your tastebuds.

:wink:

Have you tried any of the pre-formed, frozen patties in your supermarket freezer? The cheaper the price, likely the closer they'll be to that fast food taste.

david stark

Second Unit

Are you mad??? the things that taste good about McD's burger is the salad/bun/sauce they have. Try taking the 'burger' out and trying it on it's own, it resembles cardboard, but without the flavour.

JamesCB

Second Unit

Don't be so sure. The FDA allows a certain omount of "non food contamination" into our food products. Most prepared food contains an amount of rodent feces/parts, insect parts, dirt/dust and many other undesireable contaminants.

YUMMY!
James

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
There's plenty of cookbooks out there to show you how to make your own fast-food quality stuff.

EXAMPLE

I know the secret to McDonald's french fries is to first soak them in sugar water before deep frying.

Oh.. and the "herbs and spices" found in KFC is pretty much salt and pepper, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks