-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Amazon pre-order cancellation policy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Shawn C

Shawn C

Screenwriter

• 1,434 posts

Posted November 17 2004 - 06:24 AM

Has anyone else had this problem?

I pre-orders the new Harry Potter DVD from Amazon a couple of months ago. My wife decides that she doesn't want to wait for it in the mail. I go to try to cancel the pre-order and it says "We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed."

How can this be possible when today is the 17th and it's not released until the 23rd?

#2 of 3 David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted November 17 2004 - 08:54 AM

Well it sounds like Amazon got its shipment of discs early and have prepped all the HP orders for shipment this weekend. This is definitely the earliest I've heard of them preparing shipment but maybe since its HP they are eager to satisfy their customers. You could try calling Customer Service at 1-800-201-7575 and see if they can help.
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#3 of 3 Shawn C

Shawn C

Screenwriter

• 1,434 posts

Posted November 18 2004 - 06:21 AM

Yeah. I turns out mine shipped yesterday. That's pretty early.