What's new

Cables to pull (1 Viewer)

JayBru

Auditioning
I'm wiring a portion of my basement for a HT. I am wiring intending to have a front projection system with a 92" diagonal screen. The projector I am currently looking at is a Sanyo, the amplifier is a Denon. Ultimately I would like to hook my computer to all of this as well. One question I have is will the computer get run through the amp or directly to the projector and need its own cable?

Because it is an older home I have to place all my cables that run from the amp/receiver to the projector before I sheet rock the ceiling. I would like to have placed conduit in the ceiling for those cables but have determined that is not a possibility. I likely will have to place more cables than necessary in order to be sure I have adequate cables but am unsure as to what I should put in place. This technology changes so fast I am worried I won't put enough cable in place. At present I intend to run: component video, HDMI and a computer cable. Am I omitting something? Ideas? Thanks for your help.

StephenHa

Second Unit
run a cat 6 too (by the time it would be needed it may be obsolete, but maybe not), I would run a few rg6 cables plus a string that you can use to pull any new cables through if needed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks