-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Cables to pull

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 JayBru

JayBru

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted November 17 2004 - 03:08 AM

I'm wiring a portion of my basement for a HT. I am wiring intending to have a front projection system with a 92" diagonal screen. The projector I am currently looking at is a Sanyo, the amplifier is a Denon. Ultimately I would like to hook my computer to all of this as well. One question I have is will the computer get run through the amp or directly to the projector and need its own cable?

Because it is an older home I have to place all my cables that run from the amp/receiver to the projector before I sheet rock the ceiling. I would like to have placed conduit in the ceiling for those cables but have determined that is not a possibility. I likely will have to place more cables than necessary in order to be sure I have adequate cables but am unsure as to what I should put in place. This technology changes so fast I am worried I won't put enough cable in place. At present I intend to run: component video, HDMI and a computer cable. Am I omitting something? Ideas? Thanks for your help.

#2 of 3 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,698 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted November 17 2004 - 04:29 AM

Jay-
I have moved this to the HT Constuction forum where it will get more responses.

#3 of 3 StephenHa

StephenHa

Second Unit

• 364 posts

Posted November 17 2004 - 10:16 AM

run a cat 6 too (by the time it would be needed it may be obsolete, but maybe not), I would run a few rg6 cables plus a string that you can use to pull any new cables through if needed