What's new

OK Paramount How About Wild Wild West. (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Now that Have Gun Will Travel evidently did well enough to warrant a 2nd season set that I will be buying, how about this Genre crossing favorite? Any Word on this getting out of the vault? I hope Paramount isn't judging the demand by the abysmal Performance of the Lackluster Movie version.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
This and Mission Impossible are my two big requests from Paramount. I understand why they are waiting for Mission Impossible 3 movie to come out to release the show. But, what about WWW? The theatrical movie bombed because they changed everything around and it stunk. I just don't understand why this show hasn't been released or announced.

paul_austin

Second Unit
its funny you would say that...i havent seen mission impossible in many many years while theres no way i could buy it id love to see them again and almost mentioned it in my original post

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I also really want THE WILD WILD WEST on DVD, especially the black & white first season, which contains some of the greatest and wildest episodes.

A few of my other top Paramount TV-on-DVD wants:

THE FUGITIVE
POLICE SQUAD!
THE INVADERS (if Paramount controls this these days)

Hi

Add me to the list of buyers of this series. In Spain as far as i know it has only been aired once in 30 years or so!! but me (and many people i know) still have fond memories of this great tv series wich mixed western + secret agents + sci-fi + horror!

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Well...it's not cheap, but Columbia House sells WWW on DVD. I got the first 3 volumes, a total of 9 episodes for 50 bucks. And they started from the first episode. But count me in on season sets!

Richard Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
This was my favorite TV show at the time (and many other people, too). Didn't this show get canned for "excessive violence"? Seems quaint nowadays:frowning:

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I think the doctor bills got too high. Robert Conrad was always making the news with some injury or other, since he refused to use a stuntman. I think he broke his back at least once.

The fact that they could dolly in for tighter closeups on fight scenes and such was one thing that really differentiated this show from others of its time. Despite its fantastic plots and outrageous villains, it had a more realistic feel.

I would buy this, definitely. I would hope for some good commentary from Conrad as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks