-

Photo
- - - - -

Fluance Owners

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Travis_R

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator

• 247 posts

Posted November 14 2004 - 02:13 PM

Ok my Budget just got alot tighter on my theater, Just found out I have to put a new septic system in at this house I bought so....well nuff said..... I was looking at Paradigm and Polks but after some research I came accross the Fluance Speaker system, Now I will be adding the Bi-Polars to this as well as a subwoofer since I am going with a 7.1 system. My question is how will this set up handle a room that is completely soundproof with measurments of 22' deep by 18' wide and a ceiling height of about 7' 8". first row of seating will be about 12 feet back from the front speakers. I wish I didnt have to mess with this dang septic but it would be dumb to have a great theater in a house that smells like poopy

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Travis_R

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator

• 247 posts

Posted November 15 2004 - 06:08 AM

or if anyone has any other suggestions......... by all means

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Jean D

Jean D

Screenwriter

• 1,329 posts

Posted November 15 2004 - 06:22 AM

I guess, it depends on what your willing to spend on speakers. and what your running them with. I have the SX-HTB's and I love them. They arent flawless, but for the price they are superb, and suit my needs extremly well. I would think they would due well in the environment your talking about, though I dont know anything about the Fluance Subs. Sorry I cant be of much help
Gear: Crestron AADS, Crestron 4L, RTI T2C, SVS PC 16-46, Xbox 360, Wii, Bass Shakers, TiVo HD, Toshiba A3 HD-DVD, 42" Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK, two Denon AVR-2106's, Speaker Craft Aim 7 Five's, Samsung HD-950 DVD player.

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Sheldon-m

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted November 15 2004 - 08:44 AM

Travis I would go with the separates like I did. but if you want the packaged deal I would go with the
AV-HTB. I love my speakers. They sound great. Movies and for music. I went with separates for the different center channel. The AV-SC sounds smooth and it does not sound muffled like some low cost speakers. They are very well built. if you are going with a 7.1 let me know I have three AV-BP2 for sale if you want them(smartinez@vmetro.com). If you are married then you know why I'm selling them. WAF!!! I hate to part with them. I loved the way they sounded with my sacds. You will not regret the purchase of Flaunce speakers.

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Travis_R

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator

• 247 posts

Posted November 15 2004 - 11:54 AM

why do you have 3 AV-BP2's, Im at work now But I will email you tommorrow about them? what do you think is better about the AV-HTB other than price?

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   David Willow

David Willow

Screenwriter

• 1,992 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted November 15 2004 - 12:16 PM

My room is about the same size as yours - not as wide (13ft) but the ceiling is 12ft. (but definitely not soundproof). I have the SX-HTB. I replaced the center with the AV-SC and added the AV-BP2's for the side surrounds. Add to this an old Velodyne CT-80.

This system is more than enough for my room. I would not hesitate to get this setup again. I'd say get it, and when you get your poop together, upgrade (sorry, couldn't resist). Posted Image

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Travis_R

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator

• 247 posts

Posted November 15 2004 - 04:51 PM

I think I am going to go with the SX HTB and add the Bi-Polars to the deal for now, only drawback I can see is I MAY have to paint them black if I dont like the way they look in the finished room, but that is an easy fix.

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Jean D

Jean D

Screenwriter

• 1,329 posts

Posted November 16 2004 - 12:58 AM

I had wished my SX-HTB's were black as well, but once you get them, You will find them sort of elegant. the vinyl beachwood finnish is really done nicely. I havent upgraded any of the speakers, but eventually Id like to, I just dont feel the need to, these speakers are more than sufficient. I listen to movies and music 50/50% of the time. and I must say, DVD-A titles just sounds so incredible.
Gear: Crestron AADS, Crestron 4L, RTI T2C, SVS PC 16-46, Xbox 360, Wii, Bass Shakers, TiVo HD, Toshiba A3 HD-DVD, 42" Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK, two Denon AVR-2106's, Speaker Craft Aim 7 Five's, Samsung HD-950 DVD player.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Sheldon-m

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted November 16 2004 - 01:26 AM

HEY Travis. You don't have to paint them black. They look really great. I bought three by mistake, but I kind of liked them set up all around. In 6.1 setup. If you could put the extra cash for the AV_SC(center)it will be well worth it. Ya suround sound music is the best. if you need a sub parts express has tiny mity(model# 300-632)on sale right now. this sub get alot of good reviews on this site. There is a thread on right now about it. Look it up.

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   AzeemE

AzeemE

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted November 24 2004 - 05:30 AM

Hey Travis,
The pictures for the SX-HTB really don't do them justice. They really do have a beautiful tint to the finish, and the build quality is great. If you do go ahead with getting the SX-HTB speakers, I'm sure you'll reconsider painting them once you pull them out of the box.

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Jimi C

Jimi C

Screenwriter

• 1,209 posts

Posted November 24 2004 - 08:20 AM

Hey Azeem,

Do you have specs on the fluance subs?

Also.. any info on a release date for the SV center speaker?
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/theend13/sabres.jpg[/IMG]

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   AzeemE

AzeemE

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted November 24 2004 - 11:12 AM

Quote:
Do you have specs on the fluance subs?

Hey Jimi,
I don't have any of the lab results or anything like that, just some of the main specs:

DB-150:

System Type: Front-firing Powered Subwoofer with Integrated Amplifier
Low-Frequency Driver: 10" Pure-cellulose Fiber Cone with Hi-roll Rubber Surrounds
Bass Amplifier Power (RMS): 150-watts Continuous Average Output
Inputs: Line-level (filtered) and Speaker-level
Low-Pass Crossover: Continuously Variable from 40Hz - 150Hz
Overall Frequency Response: <30Hz - Low-pass Crossover Setting +/- 3dB
Cabinet: Precision Crafted MDF Internally Braced
Enclosure Type: Front-firing Tuned Bass Reflex Vented via Flared Ports
Dimensions (H x W x D): Cabinet Size 18-1/2" x 12-5/16" x 16-1/2"
Weight 39.40 lbs.

DB-200

System Type: Front-firing Powered Subwoofer with Integrated Amplifier
Low-Frequency Driver: 12" Pure-cellulose Fiber Cone with Hi-roll Rubber Surrounds
Bass Amplifier Power (RMS): 200-watts Continuous Average Output
Inputs: Line-level (filtered) and Speaker-level
Low-Pass Crossover: Continuously Variable from 40Hz - 150Hz
Overall Frequency Response: <30Hz - Low-pass Crossover Setting +/- 3dB
Cabinet: Precision Crafted MDF Internally Braced
Enclosure Type: Front-firing Tuned Bass Reflex Vented via Flared Ports
Dimensions (H x W x D): Cabinet Size 18-11/16" x 14" x 18-1/2"
Weight 49.50 lbs.

With respect to the SV center channel - to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure how soon in the immediate future this will be able. Definitely not within the next several months.