Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What would be a good center speaker?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Jackson L

Jackson L

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted November 14 2004 - 05:13 AM

I need a center speaker for my system. It's not a high end or high budget system but it sounds excellent so far. It consists of two Advent Loudspeakers (1977) in the front, a Polk Audio PSW-202 sub, two Realistic Minimus-7 speakers in the rear, and a Panasonic SA-HE100 reciever. All of them sound very good but I need a center speaker to complete the system. My budget is $200 max. I was looking at the Polk CS1 (can't post a link but it can be found at the Polk website). Would it be a good match? Is it a good quality speaker? Any other suggestions? Thanks.
IF everything seems all right then you've obviously overlooked something.

#2 of 3 Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor

• 814 posts

Posted November 14 2004 - 05:30 AM

With 27 yar old speakers as your fronts, I think you need to take home a few centers to find out what's a good match. I doubt anyone here will be able to make that determination for you.

#3 of 3 Tom Grooms

Tom Grooms

Second Unit

• 273 posts

Posted November 15 2004 - 12:30 AM

IMO, the only good center is one identical to your front left and right speakers.