What's new

JVC 61Z585 or Sony 60XS955? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
I have waited for over two months for the JVC 61" DILA set that I bought to come in stock. It is finally in and is set to be delivered on Monday. It has, in general, one of the best pictures I have seen, although I have seen some digital noise in some of the brighter whites on this set.

On the other hand, I finally saw the new Sony 60XS955 yesterday. It is probably the best RP LCD set I have seen. Very nice picture, SDE is minimized, lots of display controls, built-in tuner and cable-card, and one more HDMI input than the JVC has.

Has anyone else compared these 2 sets? I really need to make a decision no later than Saturday to switch my order before they deliver the JVC. They would need to special order the Sony, so that might take a while, but I still have a "loaner" Samsung HLP5663 in the meanwhile from the store...

Any thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks.

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
Nobody?

Well, I think I have made my decision anyways... I'll probably call the store within the hour. Unless someone can talk me out of it... ;)

barry.az

Grip
Real Name
Barry
So what did you finally do? If it's the JVC, are you happy with it? When my Toshiba repair guy comes tomorrow to check out my 8 year old Toshiba 56 Theaterwide, I may be in the market for something new.

Thanks.
Barry
Scottsdale, AZ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks