Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Stoakley Home Theatre

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Andrew Stoakley

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator

• 149 posts

Posted November 10 2004 - 12:19 PM

Hello all,

I finally reposted my home theatre to the Members Gallery after the server crash and decided to add a couple of new pictures some people had requested. Take a look, let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Andrew Stoakley

http://www.hometheat....y-Home-Theatre
"Remember kids - no one cares about audio until they can't hear it."

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   DelRay

DelRay

Stunt Coordinator

• 149 posts

Posted November 10 2004 - 01:22 PM

Nice room Andrew, Those sofas sure look comfy. Posted Image

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   James_S

James_S

Second Unit

• 391 posts

Posted November 10 2004 - 02:43 PM

Nice job Andrew.

Where did you get the popcorn maker? Does it actually work or for decoration only?

James
Do you spend time with your family.....
Cause a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.
- Marlon Brando, The Godfather 1972

Demolition ForumMy Pathetic DVD Collection

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Andrew Stoakley

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator

• 149 posts

Posted November 10 2004 - 10:59 PM

Del:

Thanks... yes, the couches are comfy - too comfy sometimes!!

James:

The popcorn machine does work and I got it from a store in Toronto called "Home Outfitters". It's an air popper and is kinda loud, but it makes the room smell like fresh popped corn and is worth every annoying buzz Posted Image I try to make the popcorn before the movie so when you go down there the room smells nice.

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   John Swarce

John Swarce

Second Unit

• 475 posts

Posted November 11 2004 - 09:20 AM

Looks great, Andrew!

I did notice that the first picture of your equipment rack is reversed (noticed the "STD" sign above it!):b
"Things you own end up owning you" --Fight Club

You are what you are when no one is looking...

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Andrew Stoakley

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator

• 149 posts

Posted November 11 2004 - 11:17 AM

Quote:
I did notice that the first picture of your equipment rack is reversed (noticed the "STD" sign above it!)

LOLOLOL.... Thanks John, never noticed that. Too funny. I've corrected the photo and it now appears as DTS. My brother who used to be district manager for Famous Players (movie chain) would have been embarassed.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Andrew

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Derek_Sutherlan

Derek_Sutherlan

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted November 12 2004 - 05:42 AM

Hey Andrew,

Nice set-up you have. Just wondering what the dimensions of your room are. I am in the process of building my HT and I am worried that the space I have available.

thanks

Derek Sutherland (Midland, Ontario)

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Andrew Stoakley

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator

• 149 posts

Posted November 12 2004 - 06:14 AM

Quote:
Nice set-up you have. Just wondering what the dimensions of your room are. I am in the process of building my HT and I am worried that the space I have available

Hey Derek,

Love Midland... and Penetang too. Had a great lunch this summer at a place near St. Marie called "Henry's South Fish Restaurant".. excellent fresh pickeral!! Posted Image

Anyway, the room dimensions are 17' x 10' with 8' ceilings. A nice room size for our family and it's located in the basement with only one small windown which I have blocked out with black wrap and a blind.

Just make sure you have enough room from your first viewing position to your tv/screen/plasma whatever without being too close Posted Image

Cheers,
Andrew

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   ilyak

ilyak

Second Unit

• 251 posts

Posted November 12 2004 - 06:14 AM

i like the entrance, interesting color scheme, works really well with the odd ceiling

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Andrew Stoakley

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator

• 149 posts

Posted November 12 2004 - 12:43 PM

Ilyak said

Quote:
i like the entrance, interesting color scheme, works really well with the odd ceiling

Thanks Ilyak! I have to admit, my wife was really the selector of the final colours. I knew I wanted it to be darker and green is my favourite colour so we looked a bunch and she choose that green colour for me. We selected the ceiling based on the carpet we chose. We wanted something that was going to match and we wanted to distract people's attention from the stupid duct work that causes the odd ceiling. The celing colour is called "Deep Space" and it's a Benjamin Moore product.

My eventual plan is to have movie posters line the wall all the way down the stairs to the theatre. "So I Married An Axe Murderer" is my wife's favourite movie so that had to start the line!! I don't have a picture of it but I also have a Dolby Digital plaque at the bottom of the stairs leading into the theatre.

Cheers,
Andrew

Forum Nav Content I Follow