What's new

The Stoakley Home Theatre (1 Viewer)

James_S

Second Unit
Nice job Andrew.

Where did you get the popcorn maker? Does it actually work or for decoration only?

James

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
Del:

Thanks... yes, the couches are comfy - too comfy sometimes!!

James:

The popcorn machine does work and I got it from a store in Toronto called "Home Outfitters". It's an air popper and is kinda loud, but it makes the room smell like fresh popped corn and is worth every annoying buzz :) I try to make the popcorn before the movie so when you go down there the room smells nice.

John Swarce

Second Unit
Looks great, Andrew!

I did notice that the first picture of your equipment rack is reversed (noticed the "STD" sign above it!):b

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley

LOLOLOL.... Thanks John, never noticed that. Too funny. I've corrected the photo and it now appears as DTS. My brother who used to be district manager for Famous Players (movie chain) would have been embarassed.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Andrew

Hey Andrew,

Nice set-up you have. Just wondering what the dimensions of your room are. I am in the process of building my HT and I am worried that the space I have available.

thanks

Derek Sutherland (Midland, Ontario)

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley

Hey Derek,

Love Midland... and Penetang too. Had a great lunch this summer at a place near St. Marie called "Henry's South Fish Restaurant".. excellent fresh pickeral!!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Anyway, the room dimensions are 17' x 10' with 8' ceilings. A nice room size for our family and it's located in the basement with only one small windown which I have blocked out with black wrap and a blind.

Just make sure you have enough room from your first viewing position to your tv/screen/plasma whatever without being too close :)

Cheers,
Andrew

ilyak

Stunt Coordinator
i like the entrance, interesting color scheme, works really well with the odd ceiling

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
Ilyak said

Thanks Ilyak! I have to admit, my wife was really the selector of the final colours. I knew I wanted it to be darker and green is my favourite colour so we looked a bunch and she choose that green colour for me. We selected the ceiling based on the carpet we chose. We wanted something that was going to match and we wanted to distract people's attention from the stupid duct work that causes the odd ceiling. The celing colour is called "Deep Space" and it's a Benjamin Moore product.

My eventual plan is to have movie posters line the wall all the way down the stairs to the theatre. "So I Married An Axe Murderer" is my wife's favourite movie so that had to start the line!! I don't have a picture of it but I also have a Dolby Digital plaque at the bottom of the stairs leading into the theatre.

Cheers,
Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks