I wish there was word on this.

Please release this!

#22 of 39 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted August 06 2011 - 10:50 AM

With the first season of Tour of Duty being released by Fabulous Films in the UK later this year, I was wondering whether China Beach could be released by them.

#23 of 39 Swifty8

Swifty8

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 13 2012 - 01:05 PM

You're not the only two. Am waiting as well. What the hell? They'd better produce a hell of a lot of DVDs...

#24 of 39 nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted January 18 2012 - 05:19 PM

I love this show too and really want to see it on dvd too

#25 of 39 Jack Branch

Jack Branch

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 20 2012 - 12:15 PM

This show made such an impact on me when it was first shown in the UK on the pioneering British Satellite Broadcasting TV service that I have been searching ever since for a DVD release. My kids have grown up listening to me ranting about how good the show was and how mad it is that no DVD has been released. How about an online petition to demonstrate the level of interest?

#26 of 39 Lj Watten

Lj Watten

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 30 2012 - 06:53 AM

Well here's another fan of China Beach. I taped it years ago from USA or Life or.....but stupidly taped it slp and now living in Europe, it doesn't play - if I had taped it EP it would have. It was my all time favorite show until West Wing and is still my favorite cast of all time. I don't understand why it's not available online as a DVD - if they can do the pilot, after all.

#27 of 39 yersiniapestis

yersiniapestis

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 31 2012 - 07:43 AM

Dana Delaney has been acting in TV and movies for years. She was on Desperate Housewives and is now on Body of Proof. She has never done a ton of movies (Tombstone is the best!), but she mostly does TV. Marg Helgenberger was until recently on CSI, as one of the main characters. She did an arc on ER and has been in several TV shows and movies, as well. Neither one, in my opinion, were ever going to be top tier, but to say that they are not stars is selling them short. In any respect, both were fantastic in China Beach.

#28 of 39 Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Posted February 03 2012 - 06:44 AM

I remember reading somewhere that Warner's still wanted to release it but not sure where they are with it. It is listed on Amzon as one of the biggest shows that people want released.

#29 of 39 Lj Watten

Lj Watten

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 04 2012 - 09:37 PM

well, Dana Delaney was in a great indie movie a while back with Willem Defoe and Susan Sarandon (I think) - she had a large supporting role of an addict who couldn't shake the habit, can't remember the name of the movie but she was fine. She needs good direction and writing as she isn't a "star" so much as a serious actress. Marg H was the wife in a superb thriller with Kevin Costner, Mr Brown, I think is the name of it.....

#30 of 39 Joe Kelly

Joe Kelly

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted February 17 2012 - 11:33 PM

WE WANT CHINA BEACH, WE WANT CHINA BEACH, WE WANT CHINA BEACH...!!!

#31 of 39 Harry-N

Harry-N

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted February 17 2012 - 11:41 PM

Just a slightly off-topic question?  Did anyone catch this past week's BODY OF PROOF with star Dana Delany and guest star Robert Picardo?  It was a nice tip of the hat to the old CHINA BEACH days.

Harry

My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#32 of 39 sullum

sullum

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted February 23 2012 - 04:27 PM

Just a slightly off-topic question? Did anyone catch this past week's BODY OF PROOF with star Dana Delany and guest star Robert Picardo? It was a nice tip of the hat to the old CHINA BEACH days.

Sorry I missed it. Also, don't forget that Robert Picardo and Jeri Ryan had many a scene together in "Star Trek : Voyager". In fact when they had an episode together it was usually among the best.

#33 of 39 Strachan

Strachan

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 13 2012 - 05:28 AM

Here's another voice for "China Beach" on DVD. Jeez. One of the greatest TV dramas of all time still unavailable to its fans! It's quite exasperating. Yes, I'm sure the rights to all that music would cost a bit, but I'd be willing to pay quite a bit for the series on iTunes and/or disc. It was that good. I'm outraged it still hasn't happened. Are you listening, Warner? Someone? Anyone?

#34 of 39 Tory

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

• PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted March 20 2012 - 04:59 AM

I don't understand why this is so hard when so many cheap collections of the music exists. Can they get together and put out a China Beach/ oldies music type collection? Maybe Time Life or some other middle party could handle it? Shows like China Beach help keep these songs in the public consciousness.
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#35 of 39 monyfar

monyfar

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted June 02 2012 - 06:15 AM

Hi all, I’m Monica from Italy, an Italian fan (maybe the only one) on these beautiful tv. I watched China Beach for the very first time in the long 1995, when by chance I catch a glimpse of it on a small network who was broadcasting CB. I don’t remember which episode was, I only know that touched my heart from the start. Cb made me laugh, made me cry (a lot), made me think of that Vietnam war so far away from me where many people died and others died inside their souls. I have the first three series on tape dubbed in Italian language. Luckly, at that time I decided to set my VCr and record the episodes. But unluckly the 4th series was never aired in Italy. Many times I hoped for an american release on DVD, and sadly I read it is impossible to put CB on it cause music’ s rights. After a long, a very long search on internet I finally found season 4 on torrent. It’s in English, I didn’t understand much from dialogue because I don’t speak English very well and I wish I could do because without a translation I lost a lot. But the acting is so terrific that you know what the story is about. It was good to see what happened to the characters years after Vietnam, their fight to cure the scars never really recovered inside them. The other day I finished to watch the finale. And I cried. I cried for all CB means to me, I cried for all the characters that moved me, touched my heart. I cried watching the wall ad the long list of name on it. I cried for what could be their life. I cried because farewell always hurt me. I’d like to thank everyone for making such a beautiful, moving, meaningful series. Dana, Robert, Marg, Brian, Jeff all of you. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Monica

#36 of 39 Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Posted June 03 2012 - 06:37 AM

Seeing that it has been over 20 years since this show aired, I wonder if I will be alive when they release it.

#37 of 39 sullum

sullum

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 11:50 AM

Hey Mikey! You better lock yourself safely in a padded room till next year, cause I'd hate to see your worry about being alive when "China Beach" is released ever coming true!! GO HERE->->>>>>>:banana:CHINA BEACH:rock::drum::jawdrop::laugh:

#38 of 39 Joe Kelly

Joe Kelly

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 09:38 AM

Hey I am with you guys - I am HAPPY to see CHINA BEACH finally being released on DVD, and just grateful that this will occur during my lifetime.

#39 of 39 Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 10:48 AM

I am ecstatic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users