Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

DISH Install:Is a signal strength of 60 good enough for a picture?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Ray Samaroo

Ray Samaroo

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted March 29 2001 - 01:29 AM

That's the reading I am getting on the dish500(119)
I get a much stronger signal on the dish300(61.5).
I am mainly interested in the hd hbo and showtime channels. Can I go ahead with this setup? Will I get my hd channels? Or are they dependent on the other satellites?

Thanks,
Ray

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   John Stockton

John Stockton

Second Unit

• 364 posts

Posted March 30 2001 - 06:03 AM

How does the picture look at 60? If that is the best you can do and the picture looks fine, then it should be OK. The two different satellites are independent of each other so one should not affect the other. If you are unhappy you can always call Dish and have them send an installer over and see if he can do better.

------------------

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   KevinLandry

KevinLandry

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted March 30 2001 - 06:35 AM

Not great........if your signal is that low because of a wind-blowable obstruction (trees, bushes, etc.) you can bet on having signal dropouts......otherwise, your only nemesis will probably be rain fade - caused by weather patterns between your dish and the satellite.

I would try your darndest to get into the 80's. It took me about 2hrs to get it on high 90's for all transponders.....don't give up yet.

HDTV: don't know

good luck....

K-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users