What's new

new trend in subwoofers (1 Viewer)

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit
I read the review in this month's Stereophile Ultimate AV of Velodyne's new line of subs with built-in EQs. While I was setting up my servo 15 (before I read the article) I thought "wouldn't it be nice to have a sub that comes with a mic and test tones to automatically do it for me?" Sure enough the new "DD" line of subs do. It has a video output to display the FR, microphone, test tone generator, parametric EQ, selectable x-over slope, remote, and the usual set of controls. You still have to do it manually on the Velo (which is fun I guess) but it would be cool if you could assign a built in computer to do it.

I think Velodyne is onto something that some of us here are already doing with our BFDs. Current trend is to make them smaller and decor-friendly. I believe this will the be next trend in subwoofer design.

JohnCZ

Stunt Coordinator
Oooooh the Velodyne DD subs. Love them. Unfortunately I'd have to sell my truck to buy one.

Some day...

Mike Dzurko

Stunt Coordinator
R-DES will be very cool, allowing easy control via. computer interface. It will be available as a separate piece for use with any subwoofer. Considering the anticipated price it will be simply amazing. Oh, and it will be software upgradeable :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks