What's new

Will a PB2-ISD fill a space of about 3000 cubic feet? (1 Viewer)

Tuan Vo

Stunt Coordinator
I am about to buy a PB2-isd for my apartment and was wondering if the PB2-isd would be efficient enough for my setup. I use my setup mainly for movies and my music doesn't utilize the subwoofer that much. I currently am using a borrowed Onkyo HTIB subwoofer from a friend that has already upgraded to a PB2-Plus. I listen my movies from 75 to 85 db.

My speaker setup includes:

Axiom M22ti (fronts)
Axiom VP100
Axiom QS4 (surrounds)
Pioneer Elite VSX-05 DD 5.1 reciever

The living room where I have the setup has one wall open to two small hallways and a kitchen which I've already taken account into calculating the volume of the room. The 3000 cubic feet includes the kitchen with the living room and both hallways. I don't know if this is the right way to calculate the volume but I did it just to be safe. The living room alone is about 2200 cubic feet. If any PB2-ISD owners can give me the size of their rooms, that'd be great. Any other input would also be great as well.

Tim O...

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely more than enough Tuan. I have one in an unfinished basement - currently about 3800-4000 cu. ft. - eventually about 2500, and it is still very impressive. I think you'll be fine.

Eric Ha

Stunt Coordinator
No problem. A PB1-ISD would fill it up just fine. The PB2-ISD is just that much more, like an amp that goes to 11!

I've got a PB2+ in a 3400 cu. ft. room, and it is way more than I need.

TonyWright

Second Unit
Ron Stimpson (SVS co-founder) once told me that my PB2-ISD would be able to "melt the paint off the walls" in my room. He couldn't have been more right. It's just plain scary how well it pressurizes that room. I think my room is about the same size as yours. You will be in heaven when you get that thing all calibrated.

CALIBRATE CALIBRATE CALIBRATE!!! :D :D :D

Also, be sure to post back and let us know what you think of your new toy!

Tony

Tuan Vo

Stunt Coordinator
I will post in a couple weeks my opinion on the sub as I am buying it used from a member off of HTF. However I won't be able to pick it up til thanksgiving break. The wait may be agonizing but the wait for my "2-day" shipped Axioms was agonizing over the summer. I was wondering how I should transport the subwoofer in my car. The guy selling it doesn't have any of the packing materials left so would the packing materials from a PB2+ fit since they are the same size? Should I transport it on the foam or would it be fine just to transport the bare subwoofer in the back of an SUV?

TonyWright

Second Unit
It'll be just fine in the back of an SUV. You should be able to use the packaging from a PB2+ though if you need to.

I had to take mine out of it's packaging to transport it. I had to colapse the packaging to fit it in the bed of my truck (under a tonneau cover) and then place the sub in the rear of the cab. Just barely fit.

I got it home ok thought with no packaging.

Tony

Tim O...

Stunt Coordinator
One caution Tuan: it is VERY heavy. I actually pulled a muscle in my back just moving it a couple of feet in my basement once, and it gave my dolly a real workout going down the stairs. It's really best done with 2 people.

TonyWright

Second Unit
I agree on the weight issue. The PB12-ISD/2 is 115lbs and very large. It took me and a buddy to get it in my truck and then me and a buddy to get it out of my truck.

115lbs isn't all that bad to pick up on your own, but not when the box is as big as these subs.

Tony

Tuan Vo

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I plan on having a friend come along when I go pick up the sub. Only two more weeks.

Tim O...

Stunt Coordinator
I'm getting excited for you. Like Tony said, you'll be in bass heaven. Wait until you hear (and feel) that thing. It's an incredible value.

I had a big party this past weekend - very loud, lots of bass-heavy music (trance). Everyone that came over *could not believe* how my sub performed. Even guys who've been into HT for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks