What's new

My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else catch this on Fox, sunday? I have to admit it was pretty funny. I did feel bad for a few of the contestants but not that bad. :b

Some highpoints:

Giving everyone the cheapest Champaign from a 7-11 store and their responses like "It sure tastes expensive." "This is what it is like to be rich." Also the 'patte' made of Spam or ground bologna.

Firing excuses: "You're short." "Suit is too expensive."

The reward: Sleeping on a pile of cash, which isn't comfortable and they don't get to keep the cash. Also the one line by one of the ladies, "The Apprentice wouldn't have a reward like this." :D

The ladies did come up with a crappy name for the guys team. I mean, Concad? That does sound like a legitiment company. Femron from the guys was much better. I probably would have suggested Ball-less for the ladies team. :D

Anyway, I'm curious to see where they take this since The Apprentice has kinda become a joke all in itself.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Having the boss hitting on all the women, and shunning the women who were married/involved was pretty funny. Most of the antics by the boss revolved around being as politically uncorrect as possible.

I'd been more impressed if the actor playing the boss was big and fat, as well as obnoxious.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
I thought the boardroom scene was pretty good, especially the boss's assistant telling the men that they should be targetting homosexuals.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
This was pretty over-the-top, and I couldnt stop watching. Is sunday going to be its regular time slot?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I'll bite - how would that make it more "impressive"? They'd pick up some truth-in-advertising points, I suppose, but would that actually improve the show?

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

A lot of times people are pleased when stereotypes get validated. Having the Boss be big, fat and un-pc would make it easier to accept for a lot of people.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Good God this this show is going to be a guilty pleasure for me. The show was pretty damn funny.

I find it weird that there is one unattractive chubby girl among them, whereas the guys are ok looking. In some of the interviews, they seemed very scripted and phony.

I can't believe they couldn't taste bad champange?! I've had the cheap stuff before and you can taste it right away. I really enjoyed the girls winning the money and then after getting them all excited, saying "oh, but you can't keep it".

Anyone know how long this will run? 6 week or 13 week show??

Paul

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Any guesses as to who the Real boss is? To be completely shocking as it claims, it would have to be Trump :D
I've also thought it might be one of the contestants.

Chris

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
quote:Any guesses as to who the Real boss is?

First thing that I thought of was some kind of monkey
wink.gif

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I thought this show was ridiculously over-the-top. I'll give it another try next week.

The only part I liked was how the second contestant in the boardroom responded.

~T

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the cheerleaders' outfits. There are some fit females in the mix.

Also, what if the real BFOB is Steve from MBFOF?

StephenGencs

Agent
this show is MEH to say the least. These people are morons to be fooled by this idiot actor. If the secret boss is anyone less than Rupert Murdoch himslef, who at the end of the show comes out, apologizes for subjecting people to this show, and then shoots himself in the head, i will be extremely disappointed...

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
You know boys and Girls Every one of these inane reality shows we validate by watching might mean we don't get another Homicide, All in the Family or MASH.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
quote:Any guesses as to who the Real boss is? To be completely shocking as it claims, it would have to be Trump

I was thinking the same thing, especially since Trump has said semi-good things about it being a spoof as opposed to Branson's Quest and The Benefactor, which he's been bashing.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, The Rebel Billionaire and the Benefactor can easily seen as forms of oneupsmanship by other rich guys cashing in on the Apprentice formula, but MBFOB is definitely a spoof of all of these "job interview" reality shows.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
quote:You know boys and Girls Every one of these inane reality shows we validate by watching might mean we don't get another Homicide, All in the Family or MASH.
True, but every entertaining unscripted show we watch might help prevent another Full House or Suddenly Susan. It balances out.

Bryan_O

Agent
I caught the second episode... What a horrible, mean-spirited show this is, and I loved every minute of its absurdity.

I don't really believe this is true. Sure the "reality-based" shows are bumping higher quality dramas/comedies from the line up. But haven't game shows always been a part of the tv line up from the start?

What else are they producing? Another CSI-like forensic/medical/cop show? Ugh... They pretty much killed the genre for me. Let's go to comedy... I'm at a loss I can't think of too many funny programs that have come out of the networks recently.

If I want high quality programing I look to premiums; HBO for example-- Sopranos, Deadwood, Curb Your Enthusiasm. That's where the quality content is coming from.

The networks have quit putting out anything that's close to cutting edge/thought provoking like All in the family because they are afraid to offend -- gotta be PC right?

Well, I guess my rant is over... I feel like Chevy Chase is Xmas vacation... Somebody give me an aspirin. Didn't mean to hijack the thread you all can go about your business now.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I watched it last night for the first time. While it had its moments, I just didn't think it was very funny. Maybe it seemed funnier when they were creating it.

/Mike

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I watched 10 minutes of it last night. What I saw was pretty funny. The "laser pointer" high-tech security device was hilarious.

"This is Excalibur". Hah

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks