-

Photo
- - - - -

My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#1 of 43 OFFLINE   Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh

Screenwriter

• 2,968 posts

Posted November 08 2004 - 05:47 AM

Anyone else catch this on Fox, sunday? I have to admit it was pretty funny. I did feel bad for a few of the contestants but not that bad. :b

Some highpoints:

Giving everyone the cheapest Champaign from a 7-11 store and their responses like "It sure tastes expensive." "This is what it is like to be rich." Also the 'patte' made of Spam or ground bologna.

Firing excuses: "You're short." "Suit is too expensive."

The reward: Sleeping on a pile of cash, which isn't comfortable and they don't get to keep the cash. Also the one line by one of the ladies, "The Apprentice wouldn't have a reward like this." Posted Image

The ladies did come up with a crappy name for the guys team. I mean, Concad? That does sound like a legitiment company. Femron from the guys was much better. I probably would have suggested Ball-less for the ladies team. Posted Image

Anyway, I'm curious to see where they take this since The Apprentice has kinda become a joke all in itself.

#2 of 43 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,751 posts

Posted November 08 2004 - 06:51 AM

Having the boss hitting on all the women, and shunning the women who were married/involved was pretty funny. Most of the antics by the boss revolved around being as politically uncorrect as possible.

I'd been more impressed if the actor playing the boss was big and fat, as well as obnoxious.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#3 of 43 OFFLINE   Kwang Suh

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor

• 849 posts

Posted November 08 2004 - 07:11 AM

Damn it, I missed it. Sounds like a particular superior I once had...

#4 of 43 OFFLINE   Marc_Sulinski

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor

• 561 posts

Posted November 08 2004 - 07:13 AM

I thought the boardroom scene was pretty good, especially the boss's assistant telling the men that they should be targetting homosexuals.

#5 of 43 OFFLINE   MikeFR

MikeFR

Supporting Actor

• 595 posts

Posted November 08 2004 - 07:17 AM

This was pretty over-the-top, and I couldnt stop watching. Is sunday going to be its regular time slot?

#6 of 43 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted November 08 2004 - 07:53 AM

Quote:
I'd been more impressed if the actor playing the boss was big and fat, as well as obnoxious.
Okay, I'll bite - how would that make it more "impressive"? They'd pick up some truth-in-advertising points, I suppose, but would that actually improve the show?
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#7 of 43 OFFLINE   Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

• 962 posts

Posted November 08 2004 - 08:41 AM

Okay, I'll bite - how would that make it more "impressive"? They'd pick up some truth-in-advertising points, I suppose, but would that actually improve the show?

A lot of times people are pleased when stereotypes get validated. Having the Boss be big, fat and un-pc would make it easier to accept for a lot of people.
Good lord, there's nothing worse than the foul stench of desperation when someone wants to be famous.

- Luis Esp

#8 of 43 OFFLINE   Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor

• 648 posts

Posted November 08 2004 - 09:10 AM

Good God this this show is going to be a guilty pleasure for me. The show was pretty damn funny.

I find it weird that there is one unattractive chubby girl among them, whereas the guys are ok looking. In some of the interviews, they seemed very scripted and phony.

I can't believe they couldn't taste bad champange?! I've had the cheap stuff before and you can taste it right away. I really enjoyed the girls winning the money and then after getting them all excited, saying "oh, but you can't keep it".

Anyone know how long this will run? 6 week or 13 week show??

Paul
If there be one of them who does not follow the way of the Snitzil, let that one go and do not throw bowling balls at them.

#9 of 43 OFFLINE   Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

• 1,887 posts

Posted November 08 2004 - 09:30 AM

Any guesses as to who the Real boss is? To be completely shocking as it claims, it would have to be Trump Posted Image
I've also thought it might be one of the contestants.

Chris

#10 of 43 OFFLINE   MikeFR

MikeFR

Supporting Actor

• 595 posts

Posted November 08 2004 - 10:28 AM

quote:

Any guesses as to who the Real boss is?

First thing that I thought of was some kind of monkey images/smilies/wink.gif

#11 of 43 OFFLINE   Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted November 08 2004 - 12:09 PM

I thought this show was ridiculously over-the-top. I'll give it another try next week.

The only part I liked was how the second contestant in the boardroom responded.

~T

#12 of 43 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,751 posts

Posted November 08 2004 - 12:13 PM

I enjoyed the cheerleaders' outfits. There are some fit females in the mix.

Also, what if the real BFOB is Steve from MBFOF?

#13 of 43 OFFLINE   StephenGencs

StephenGencs

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted November 09 2004 - 03:29 AM

this show is MEH to say the least. These people are morons to be fooled by this idiot actor. If the secret boss is anyone less than Rupert Murdoch himslef, who at the end of the show comes out, apologizes for subjecting people to this show, and then shoots himself in the head, i will be extremely disappointed...
"I'm trapped in time and I don't know what to do"

#14 of 43 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,276 posts

Posted November 11 2004 - 02:17 PM

You know boys and Girls Every one of these inane reality shows we validate by watching might mean we don't get another Homicide, All in the Family or MASH.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#15 of 43 OFFLINE   Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted November 11 2004 - 02:39 PM

quote:

Any guesses as to who the Real boss is? To be completely shocking as it claims, it would have to be Trump

I was thinking the same thing, especially since Trump has said semi-good things about it being a spoof as opposed to Branson's Quest and The Benefactor, which he's been bashing.

#16 of 43 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,751 posts

Posted November 11 2004 - 03:55 PM

Well, The Rebel Billionaire and the Benefactor can easily seen as forms of oneupsmanship by other rich guys cashing in on the Apprentice formula, but MBFOB is definitely a spoof of all of these "job interview" reality shows.

#17 of 43 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted November 12 2004 - 12:26 AM

quote:

You know boys and Girls Every one of these inane reality shows we validate by watching might mean we don't get another Homicide, All in the Family or MASH.

True, but every entertaining unscripted show we watch might help prevent another Full House or Suddenly Susan. It balances out.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#18 of 43 OFFLINE   Bryan_O

Bryan_O

Agent

• 49 posts

Posted November 15 2004 - 01:52 AM

I caught the second episode... What a horrible, mean-spirited show this is, and I loved every minute of its absurdity.

Quote:

I don't really believe this is true. Sure the "reality-based" shows are bumping higher quality dramas/comedies from the line up. But haven't game shows always been a part of the tv line up from the start?

What else are they producing? Another CSI-like forensic/medical/cop show? Ugh... They pretty much killed the genre for me. Let's go to comedy... I'm at a loss I can't think of too many funny programs that have come out of the networks recently.

If I want high quality programing I look to premiums; HBO for example-- Sopranos, Deadwood, Curb Your Enthusiasm. That's where the quality content is coming from.

The networks have quit putting out anything that's close to cutting edge/thought provoking like All in the family because they are afraid to offend -- gotta be PC right?

Well, I guess my rant is over... I feel like Chevy Chase is Xmas vacation... Somebody give me an aspirin. Didn't mean to hijack the thread you all can go about your business now.

#19 of 43 OFFLINE   MickeS

MickeS

Producer

• 5,065 posts

Posted November 15 2004 - 02:51 AM

I watched it last night for the first time. While it had its moments, I just didn't think it was very funny. Maybe it seemed funnier when they were creating it.

/Mike
/Mike

#20 of 43 OFFLINE   Shawn C

Shawn C

Screenwriter

• 1,434 posts

Posted November 15 2004 - 04:59 AM

I watched 10 minutes of it last night. What I saw was pretty funny. The "laser pointer" high-tech security device was hilarious.

"This is Excalibur". Hah

Forum Nav Content I Follow