What's new

New Allison Krauss and Union Station 2004 (merged) (1 Viewer)

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
I spelled Alison's name with two L's in the title. Can anyone enlighten me on how to edit the thread title?

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Wes, I looked and saw no mention of it on Rounder's site but I sure hope so. I sent them an E-Mail to ask.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Well they gave a quick response:

"Hi Phil,

At this time there are no plans to put this out on SACD.

Take care,

Susan Margaca

Rounder Record Group

Customer Service

1-800-ROUNDER"

This may be one of those I stick on my "to buy" list and if nothing happens several mos. down the road pick up the CD.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Strange, considering that several other AKUS albums have been put on SACD. They should do it day-and-date.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Glenn, the live album was done with some Sony production cost help. They had 32 microphones available for use when it was recorded and was the 1st live DSD non-classical recording. Right now Sony has chosen to help promote the Elton John catalog release with their marketing.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Yes, I'm aware of how they did the Live recording. I read the article all about it in Sound & Vision. Fantastic.

But I also noticed that 3 other AK or AKUS albums are available on SACD from Rounder:

http://www.rounder.com/index.php?id=...hp&format_id=5

So it just seems strange that they wouldn't continue with SACD on all their new releases too. Leads one to believe that maybe the SACD sales aren't enough to justify the expense? Sad, if true.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Is Rounder doing Dual Discs? This may be our last chance to get her in Hires!

Wes

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Wes, easiest way to find out their current plans is just send an E-Mail to the contact link at their web site or call. I got an E-Mail response the same day.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm surprised there's no thread on Alison Krauss and Union Station's new release. So those who have it, what do you think?

(admin note - threads merged)

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Dave, they responded to me as indicated above. No plans for hi-rez. The CD is $8.99 at Circuit City now. I picked up a copy for myself and a friend but am behind in listening so it may be next week until I get to it. Rounder stuff is usually mastered well and for $9, I won't feel the need to re-buy it unless I have an opportunity to A/B releases if they change their mind.

Greg Black

Second Unit
Damn, I was at Best Buy this morning, thinking I would be able to pick up this album along with Seinfeld and a few other things :D, but there was not a single copy anywhere! The store didn't get any copies in, wtf. :angry:

TomCW

Second Unit
Lots of AKUS love here!
I'm waiting hopefully for this to come out on SACD, but Rounder has no info about it. How about that cover?

Tom

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah...the cover is nice. I think the guy lower right (sorry, don't know all their names) is doing what all of us would be in that situation. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks