What's new

Miami Vice Officially Announced! (now w/Feb. date) (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I just had to rush over here and tell everyone that I just posted a very-long-awaited piece of news: Univeral has made their official Miami Vice announcement!

The date, which was previously said to be in January, has been pushed back to February 8th. I've got more about that, plus complete specs, in my news story.

No cover art yet, and as usual Universal is also waiting on mentioning extras, but I'm keeping an eye out for that stuff and will let you know.

I can't believe I posted great news about Miami Vice, Charmed, and MacGyver in one weekend. Just how cool is THAT?!?! :)

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
I would have preferred single sided discs with cool art, but I'll take this any way it comes!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Marko, I fixed it. I tell ya, it can be difficult around this time of the year because we're already dealing with 2005 release dates, but in 2004. I can't tell you how many times I've been working on the site and then gone to pay a bill for something and used a 2005 date on the check.

Gord

Patrick.C

Second Unit
I wish Universal would end the suspense and tell us whether or not all of the original music will be included. I was suprised to find the Universal exec's mention of 5.1 sound and that he combed the internet to find thats what the fans wanted. If you go to any of the Vice fan sites, you won't see any mention of 5.1. First and foremost on everyone's priority list is the music.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Oh man... I certainly hope all of the original music is intact. The low SRP has me a bit worried so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Excellent news. Especially, with confirmation that the original music is intact. Time to get rid of those edited USA aired episodes.

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
I'm too excited by this news!! I'll be amongst the first to line up to get it on Feb 8th!!

However...

I hate to put a damper on this but the cover art looks suspiciously like the type of packaging done for the most recent LAW AND ORDER sets without a sturdy box in which the gatefold fits???

I'd hate that packaging and would hate to see MIAMI VICE packaged like that!!

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
With all the controversy over music rights costs, I'm puzzled at how they managed to get the price to the same level as that of other Universal releases. Its amazing that they managed to secure the rights to so many prominent songs with no significant price increase. In any case, I'm really glad that they did. Kudos to Universal!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Amy,

Maybe, they think the larger amount of sales this show will generate will make up for the amount paid for song rights.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
It would be kind of stupid to have a special feature about how great the music was in the series and then not include the original music in the episodes.

Good to hear :emoji_thumbsup:

Peace,

DM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks