What's new

***Official Halo 2 Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Hey Gang

We're all excited about the pending release of Halo 2. I imagine there will be a lot of intense discussion regarding the online and offline components of the game. Let's keep it to this one thread.

Important Note! Bungie has gone to great lengths to preserve the secrets between Halo 2's storyline. Keep any spoiler discussions here tagged appropriately. For those who haven't used spoilers before just click the "spoiler" button above and insert your text. It will be covered by a black stripe and the text is only revealed when you highlight it.

Only two more sleeps. ;)

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
If you absolutely cannot wait till Tuesday morning, here is link to all the places in your area that are supposedly having a midnight sell.
I'll be there.

What I planned on doing, since it's been a long time since playing Halo (or any FPS), is starting out with the regular game. Then once I get up to speed take my game online.

See ya on the battlefield.

James T

Screenwriter
I actually wasn't planning on buying this game. But I saw the commerical and I just had to pre-order it. I can't make the midnight sale since I'm working. But next weekened, I should be free, so I can catch a few online games...I haven't played online for the longest time.

Gamer tag: Berserko

Sergey M

Stunt Coordinator
I'll get my hands on a copy on Tuesday night. I'm tempted to jump right in to multiplayer. The only concern I have is people discussing single player campaign before I get a chance to play it.

I think I'm gonna try to finish 1st s/p level and then check out m/p. Those m/p maps look soo sweet... :cool:

Kami

Screenwriter
I haven't been this excited for something in a while. I have the collector's edition pre-ordered with an online retailer, but if it does not ship on monday I am going to go to the store and buy a regular version because I can't stand to wait one more day. I can always unload the regular version onto my room mate once the CE arrives.

My plan is to play through the single player on the first day or day and a half, then jump straight into Xbox Live play!

I am self employed so getting time off isn't a problem :emoji_thumbsup: Been working extra hard the last week to make up for it.

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
In 17 hours I will be playing HALO 2! I can't believe how excited I am for this game. I got the day off of work tomorrow, as well.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I have the CE ordered as well. Just hope they have enough to go around first shipment. Otherwise I'll just grab the standard and sell it off.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I'm psyched for this game. If all goes as well my preorder should be at my house tommorrow. I'll probably start with the single player campaign and than after a little play time on that go to the Live play.

HTF should really have some online group play with this game, that would be sweet. I'll be adding some of you in this thread to my 'Friends' list in hopes that we can play a few rounds of this together.

Todd_B

Second Unit
13 hours and I'll finally have my own copy :emoji_thumbsup:

It's been a long wait, but from the reviews it sure does look like it will be worth it.

See you guys on Live!

Todd B

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Hey guys

Will I like Halo 2? I never played the original release (Halo).

I'm primarily a sports title player only (NFL2k5 , NHL2k5, etc.) with the occasional game of GTA: Vice City thrown in there.

What do you guys think - should I give this title a try? I guess I could, and if I don't like it, I can always ebay the sucker...

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Heck yeah Michael. Buy it & try it. Worst case, like you said, is sell it on ebay (or here at HTF for free).
I think my main attraction to this came is going to be Capture the Flag. I haven't played CTF since the days of Quake.

P.S. That link I posted earlier about midnight sells. It appears not ALL stores are listed. Ex: I checked my area & Best Buy wasn't listed. So I called them & indeed they will be open.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
Anyone know the official release date for PC version? I skipped on the original Halo as I had too many games to play but I think I will give Halo2 a try once it comes out for PC.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

I don't know if a PC port is planned for HALO 2 (if there is, I haven't heard about it). Unless you have a high-end PC, running the original game would have netted a less-than-optimal experience. There were a multitude of configuration issues one had to contend with on the PC platform which were not only time-consuming, but potentially frustrating as well. After spending quite a bit of time on the PC gaming forums, I decided to forego HALO on the PC and kept my Xbox copy instead.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

When in doubt, a rental would be the most cost effective option. I understand that FPS-type games aren't for everyone (some are susceptible to motion sickness, some perceive it as shallow gameplay, the learning curve may be significant for those unaccustomed to FPS, among other reasons), but I do think that every high profile game is worth a spin, and there is no title with a higher profile on the Xbox than HALO 2.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i believe a PC version is coming early next year.

the exclusion of co-op online is very, very disappointing. i really can't understand it. you can splitscreen but not go on Live? they had 3 years to do it!

co-op online is pretty much the biggest reason why i buy games now; i never play RS3: BA offline, but i love to play online with my friends co-op. and i don't like deathmatching so much. still, i realize i'm a minority in this category.

Halo2 probably will be worth it offline anyways, as i still love GR online and off too.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter

How is that? Bad conversion to PC? XBox is basically a low-end PC so if the original is playable in XBox I don't see how in the world you could make it unplayable in PC.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
has anyone's copy shipped yet? boy, in only a few short hours we'll all be playing Halo 2!

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I've got the LE reserved, but I'm starting to wonder how "limited" the LE really is. They'd better not run out of them before I get there...

Not going to take tomorrow off work, but I'll probably take off early and grab my copy on the way home. No idea how many copies my local EB has on order though...

No live for me, but really looking forward to the campaign, and hopefully some nice surprises like the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks