-

Photo

Best Sirius "Plug & Play" Receiver?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Chad

Chad

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted November 06 2004 - 08:14 AM

In terms of sound quality and overall features? I've been leaning primarily towards the Sportster based on positive reviews and the upcoming boombox.

#2 of 9 MichaelPR

MichaelPR

Second Unit

• 401 posts

Posted November 07 2004 - 01:22 PM

Got the sporster on Friday at Best Buy with $30 rebate.. I think it's great. I can't wait for Stern!!
Format Neutral

#3 of 9 JasonTil

JasonTil

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted November 08 2004 - 09:53 PM

I just purchased the new JVC plug n play at Best Buy. I love the size and shape of it due to the way that I've got it mounted on my dash. The only problem is that it has 18 presets as opposed to 30 on the previous model. Believe it or not, those 12 presets make a significant difference.

#4 of 9 BillAtkinson

BillAtkinson

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted November 13 2004 - 04:07 AM

I just purchased the Audiovox SIR-PNP3. I bought two docks, one for each car. I'm very pleased with the ease of use. The docking station mounts provide very flexible mounting options. I mounted the antenna on the dash of both vehicles and have full signal anywhere that I've traveled so far.

The only issue I've had, which I'm sure goes with all units with an FM modulator, is finding a noise free FM station.

I'm so happy with the unit, perhaps its just Sirius in general, that I'm considering purchasing a second unit for the wife's car, because I don't want to be without it.

#5 of 9 Mike Schmitt

Mike Schmitt

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted December 05 2004 - 07:25 AM

I just got the Audiovox PNP3 as well; incredibly cheap on Ecost, but they're backordered, so i'm paying for the savings with the extra wait. I had my mother buy me the home kit for christmas, and can't wait O:-)

#6 of 9 BillAtkinson

BillAtkinson

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted December 05 2004 - 07:40 AM

In my opinion, its worth the wait. I've had mine now for four weeks. I haven't listened to the FM radio since.... Honestly, I can't think of anything I don't like about the radio....

#7 of 9 Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair

Producer

• 6,009 posts

Posted December 05 2004 - 10:48 AM

I suspect that if you are using the line-out on the PNP, that they all sound about the same. I'm not convinced there is a true 'audiophile' unit (which would be somewhat pointless given the compressed audio of the source broadcast).

#8 of 9 BillAtkinson

BillAtkinson

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted December 05 2004 - 10:59 AM

Actually I'm using the FM modulator. It was the easiest way to get it working. I have a tremendous about of electronic equipment installed in my "company" car. Even finding a spot for the PNP was a bit of a challenge, but I ended up finding a nice home for it.....

#9 of 9 Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair

Producer

• 6,009 posts

Posted December 05 2004 - 03:23 PM

If I can fit a somewhat bulky PSP2 in my Miata, any car can handle Sirius and XM. Posted Image