Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

SVS Sub vs. Martin Logan Sub....Help?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   AndyTod

AndyTod

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted November 05 2004 - 07:54 AM

I ma in the market for two subs to go with my HT set-up. I plan on using two subs to even out the bass in the room. I would like not to know where the bass is coming from.

The two subs I am looking at are the Martin Logan Dynamo or the SVS PB12-ISD. Both are in my price range (600 per sub).

THe room is 12 x 24 and will be used 90% time for movies/tv/video games and the rest music.

I have had the chance to listen to the ML sub and was impressed. I am looking at the SVS based on the responses in this forum.

Any advice
"To live in fear is to live without"

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   frank manrique

frank manrique

Supporting Actor

• 798 posts

Posted November 05 2004 - 08:48 AM

Crossed over below 80 Hz you'll find it kind of hard being able to localize the direction of where low bass frequencies originate from, so you'll be OK.

Now, the Martin Logan Dynamo sub (good looking, by the way) utilize a 10" bass driver...but so does the SVS PB10-ISD (another good looking 'lil sub!)...and the latter offers far greater performance by virtue of being a TRUE subbass reproducer, and do so at comparable cost.

The SVS PB12-ISD is a 12" bass driver-based sub, which will easily outperform the ML sub in all areas of sonic importance...albeit at a slight higher cost.

My .02 cents...

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   stephen shadow

stephen shadow

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted November 06 2004 - 04:49 AM

I would go with two PB 10s. Deeper bass, less money and still nice looking with a choice of colors.Posted Image