Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Nikon D70 owners -- any luck with universal remotes?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Brian Perry

Brian Perry

Screenwriter

• 2,815 posts

Posted November 04 2004 - 02:55 PM

I've heard that one can use a universal remote in place of Nikon's ML-L3 remote trigger. I purchased a $5 GE universal remote on eBay precisely for this use but unfortunately cannot seem to find a code that works. Has anyone been able to find a code that works?

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,874 posts

Posted November 04 2004 - 07:20 PM

Don't know about your $5 GE, but I have heard plenty of D70 owners using various universal remotes as alternative. I was actually thinking about getting the Pogo personal (keyring) remote for that myself. However, it has not been a pressing issue for me, so I procrastinate as usual. Posted Image

If nobody else can offer help, you should try dpreview.com's D70 forum. Do a search for "remote" there before posting, if you do go that route.

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)