-

Photo
- - - - -

The O.C. Season 2 thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
203 replies to this topic

#201 of 204 Mike Graham

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted May 20 2005 - 07:33 AM

Correct! The Oliver line had me laughing pretty hard after all the drama that was taking place in the episode.

As for Marissa, I think she was so angry and scared at what Trey attempted to do to her, that when she saw Ryan about to be hit on the head with the phone she just snapped.

#202 of 204 Duane R

Duane R

Second Unit

• 297 posts

Posted May 21 2005 - 10:12 AM

I liked Jimmy's crack to Hailey about seeing "The North Shore".
Six worlds prayed to her, they built her temples, conquered planets, and yet one day she still rode off and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying he said "We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?" and she looked down upon him and she whispered, "Because I can".

#203 of 204 Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted May 23 2005 - 05:13 AM

I finally saw this over the weekend. Much better than the show has been. Great to see Jimmy back and here's hoping he will stick around next season.
The scenes with Kristin were a lot of fun to watch but ashame they cant give her character something to do other than frown and look depressed all the time. At least her drinking was campy fun, especially at the funeral.
The whole Trey thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's almost as if they brought the character in just so they could have a cliffhanger. He served no purpose really other than to have him go down the road that he had traveled many times before.
Very uneven season. Lets hope Josh Swartz is more hands on next season because the show needs storylines that flow better and characters that are consitant. The show has lost it's sense of fun as well.

#204 of 204 MickeS

MickeS

Producer

• 5,065 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 09:43 AM

I finally got around to watching all of Season 2! Figured it might be good to do it before Season 3 starts next week Posted Image.

The beginning of the season was good. The last 10 episodes or so (ever since Alex left) treaded water, and even though the events piled up, the show felt pretty lifeless. Where did Kirsten's alcoholism come from all of a sudden? I had to laugh when Caleb came in and accused her of being an alcoholic... they had not been seen in a single scene together since she started drinking (all of, what, 5 days before) Posted Image.

The best episode of the season, in retrospect, was the mall camp-out one. It was goofy and silly, something the show is still pretty good at. As a soap, it fails miserably, sloppy writing and lost opportunities all the time.

Season 3 will be interesting. It felt to me like the characters really didn't advance much at all this season, mostly thanks to the annoying habit of getting rid of all new characters (except Zach). Hopefully they can introduce some new blood into the OC and stir things up... and let them STAY there!
/Mike