Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The O.C. Season 2 thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
203 replies to this topic

#1 of 204 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,895 posts

Posted November 04 2004 - 03:06 AM

It's baaaaackkk...

The second season of The O.C. moves to Thursday nights to take on Survivor and Joey in the 8 p.m. EST timeslot, starting tonight.

I can barely remember all the somber decisions that were made at the end of last season:

Seth goes sailing into the Pacific, looking to find himself.

Ryan goes back to be with Therese who appears to be carrying his child.

Julie and Caleb got hitched, Marissa is basically blackmailed into moving back with Julie and Caleb.

It almost felt like the producers hit the reset button given all that happened with Ryan's first appearance in the O.C. a year ago.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 204 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted November 04 2004 - 04:58 AM

I'm really looking forward to getting my OC. I kinda hope it trounces Joey which is beyond mediocre at best.

I just bought the DVD too so I could rewatch.

#3 of 204 OFFLINE   Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted November 04 2004 - 08:10 AM

I'm wondering what the new HDTV look of the show will be. I like the film-grain look, but if they overdo it, it'll bother me. I also just got the DVDs, I've been checking out some of my favorites to psych myself up. 4 more hours!

"Ryan, you've been playing the pirate game? That's a little bit minty."
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um...easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
--Michael Scott, The Office

"When I get sad I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story."
--Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother

#4 of 204 OFFLINE   Thomas H G

Thomas H G

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted November 04 2004 - 12:04 PM

CALIFORNIA! CALIFORNIA!
HERE WE COME!!!!

Man I'm pumped. Posted Image
My Collection at DVD Aficiando

boogieman187 on XBL

#5 of 204 OFFLINE   Jeremy_Watson

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator

• 249 posts

Posted November 04 2004 - 12:48 PM

Count me in the anticipating group as well. Good article on MSNBC about it being much more than your usual prime time soap.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6384348/

#6 of 204 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,895 posts

Posted November 04 2004 - 01:05 PM

Video-wise, the 720p HDTV broadcast was still a bit on the grainy side, but tons better than what was broadcast last season.

Wasn't crazy about how they got Ryan back to the O.C., because you know it'll come back during May sweeps when his kid is born. At least both Seth and Ryan are back.

Marissa letting it all out on her mom near the pool can't be an acting highlight by any stretch, but strangely entertaining nonetheless.

Summer's Sethisms were cracking me up. At least they are self-referential about their talking patterns at times.

#7 of 204 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted November 04 2004 - 05:42 PM

Great show and Luke was back!!!

Some great writing. Funny in parts and tragic in others. Very brutal brutal what they did to Theresa. That scene where she breaks the news to Ryan was heartbreaking. The actress who plays Theresa wonderful. Too bad they don't keep her around.
I kep watching how Seth was reacting towards Ryan and thought that Seth must have some unresolved issues that he needs to deal with. You would have thought it was his lover that left town.

#8 of 204 OFFLINE   Jeremy_Watson

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator

• 249 posts

Posted November 04 2004 - 06:04 PM

I was thrilled about the episode, but was very happy to have it back nonetheless. Yeah, there was some grain, but I liked the look of it; not everything should be like Discovery HD. The Marissa plot lines could use some work, my pity tank for her is near dry. Summer is getting right up there with Seth and Sandy as my favorite characters. They did a slick job of keeping Haley out of the scenes so they wouldn't have to pay to use her in this episode. It seems like the last two episodes (this and season finale) made 180 degree turns for the Cohen's, now they're right back where they were.

Like I said, not perfect, but great to have everyone back.

#9 of 204 OFFLINE   Duane R

Duane R

Second Unit

• 297 posts

Posted November 05 2004 - 05:01 AM

Was anyone else besides me hoping Luke would have said to Ryan "Welcome to Portland, Bitch!" when he arrived? It will be interesting to see what happens with the Cal investigation/charges storyline.
Six worlds prayed to her, they built her temples, conquered planets, and yet one day she still rode off and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying he said "We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?" and she looked down upon him and she whispered, "Because I can".

#10 of 204 OFFLINE   Don Black

Don Black

Screenwriter

• 1,485 posts

Posted November 05 2004 - 05:59 AM

They made Cal a regulat too. I think he just used to be a guest star.

#11 of 204 OFFLINE   doug zdanivsky

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor

• 817 posts
  • LocationMackenzie, BC, Canada

Posted November 07 2004 - 02:52 PM

Hmm..

I thought they did a poor job of wrapping up the Ryan - Theresa situation..

She phones and says she's just lost their baby, perhaps THE most traumatic things that can happen to a woman, and he's like.. "Oh.... Ok.....", and proceeds to not even go and be with her, let alone say good-bye..

And he likes her enough to sleep with her, but now that she's "sabatoged" him he can barely be civil, with little pecks on the cheek?

Be a man and make some lemonade out of those lemons, dude..

You have a job that "pays well", a hot girlfriend/mother of-your-child who is supposed to be one of your best friends..

I dunno.. Very weak.. Posted Image

#12 of 204 OFFLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,905 posts

Posted November 11 2004 - 06:51 AM

Funny little blurb from ESPN Page 2's Bill Simmons about the season premiere of The OC. And I can't say I wasn't thinking the same exact thing...

(Read just after he picks the first game.)

http://sports.espn.g....simmons/041105

#13 of 204 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,895 posts

Posted November 11 2004 - 03:11 PM

11/11/04

It looks like the writers are cleaning house with the hookups for the early part of this season so far.

Please don't go Hailey!

Julie is one cold hearted lady.

Ryan's professional future will easily get integrated into the "family" business (making housing contruction plans) if Caleb can figure a way to get out of his jam, and if he can keep his business afloat as well.

Seth is destined for a geeky career. I almost roll off the couch when Seth finds out Zack is the one going out with Summer. Seth was crushed in so many ways at that moment of revelation.

Please, Marissa, stick with the yard boy (less face time would be a good by-product).

Summer continues to evolve into a watchable gal who isn't as dim as her speech pattern would initially indicate. More Summer, please.

#14 of 204 OFFLINE   CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E

Screenwriter

• 2,171 posts

Posted November 12 2004 - 02:20 AM

I agree. The Entire poor Marissa storyline has gotten even more old if possible. Its time for the storyline with her and ryan to move on at least for a big chunk of the season. However everything else is still working good. Hope they keep up the good threads with Ryan, Seth, Summer, Caleb and Cohens.

capt

#15 of 204 OFFLINE   Jean D

Jean D

Screenwriter

• 1,329 posts

Posted November 12 2004 - 02:37 AM

I wonder which episode the first punch of the season will be thrown.
I know this is gonna sound far fetched, but could Calib sell the business to Ryan before he looses it?

Gear: Crestron AADS, Crestron 4L, RTI T2C, SVS PC 16-46, Xbox 360, Wii, Bass Shakers, TiVo HD, Toshiba A3 HD-DVD, 42" Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK, two Denon AVR-2106's, Speaker Craft Aim 7 Five's, Samsung HD-950 DVD player.

#16 of 204 OFFLINE   JamieJ

JamieJ

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted November 12 2004 - 02:58 AM

Quote:
I know this is gonna sound far fetched, but could Calib sell the business to Ryan before he looses it?

I think on the preview for next weeks show, Calib announces that Julie will be taking over the company

#17 of 204 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted November 12 2004 - 04:25 AM

Quote:
The Entire poor Marissa storyline has gotten even more old if possible. Its time for the storyline with her and ryan to move on at least for a big chunk of the season.

I am getting real tired of her too. They should have had her character go off to detox and had Theresa come on as a regular.

Like the new cast additions but am getting tired of Seth's wise cracks. Enough already.

#18 of 204 OFFLINE   LorenzoL

LorenzoL

Second Unit

• 313 posts

Posted November 12 2004 - 05:26 AM

I'm tired of Misha Barton acting and couldn't care less about her character however, I'm getting more and more impressed with Rachel Bison portrayal of Summer and how hot she looks.

#19 of 204 OFFLINE   doug zdanivsky

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor

• 817 posts
  • LocationMackenzie, BC, Canada

Posted November 12 2004 - 06:20 AM

I betcha yard-boy's a cop of some sort, doing survailence on the house.. Posted Image

#20 of 204 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted November 12 2004 - 11:06 AM

Shirtless cops. Sounds like a Jerry Springer episode.
We should all be so lucky to have cops that look like that watch us.

Forum Nav Content I Follow